WERTHEIMER Family Tree
Veronica Sara Frumet WERTHEIMER (1718-24.5.1781 Vienna) married to her half uncle
(from Samson WERTHEIMER's second wife Merli Magdalena SCHIFF)
Josel (Josef) Simson WERTHEIMER ben Simon (4.9.1716-11.12.1761 Vienna).
(Referenced in Documents of the History of the Jews
in Eisenstadt by Dr. Bernhard WACHSTEIN, 1926.)
- David WERTHEIMER (b. 1739, d. 24 August 1817)
married his cousin Eleanora WERTHEIMER (b. 1766)
- Simle WERTHEIMER m. (1785) her uncle Lipman WERTHEIMER
- Judit WERTHEIMER (b. 1769, d. 25 October 1841) m. Samuel LEWINGER (b. 1758, d. 13 December 1838)
- Therese Ester LEWINGER
- Elise (Lisette) LEWINGER (1809-1877) married Ignaz LIEBEN
- Leopold LIEBEN (1837-1906) m.
Anna VON TODESCO (1847-1900)
daughter of Eduard VON TODESCO and
- Ernst VON LIEBEN
- Henriette VON LIEBEN (1882-1978). Daughter: Marie Louise VON MOTESCHITZKY (1906-1996)
- Ilse VON LIEBEN (b. 1873) m. LEEMBRUGGEN
- Valerie VON LIEBEN (1874-1938) m. KARPLUS
- Robert VON LIEBEN (1878-1913) m. Anna SCHINDLER (1886-1948)
- Adolf LIEBEN (1836-1914) m. Mathilde VON SCHEY
- Helene LIEBEN
(1838-1896) m. her first cousin Rudolf AUSPITZ
- Rosa LIEBEN
- Richard LIEBEN (1842-1919) m.. Josefine VON BOSCHAN widow
wrote (1889) Untersuchungen ueber die Theorie des
Preises (Investigations on the Theory of Prices). It is advanced mathematical economics for its time, with many
creative contributions. They earned the respect of some of the top
economists at the time, who were also mathematically oriented (Irving FISHER
and F. Y. EDGEWORTH), and they managed to stir up a serious controversy with
Leon WALRAS. Neither one of them held university positions or had even
completed a university degree.
- Ida LIEBEN
- Josef WERTHEIMER (b. 1773, d. 28 September 1793)
- Simon WERTHEIMER (b. 1778, d. 7 October 1817)
- Wolfgang Simon Wolf WERTHEIMER (b. 1778, d. 18 October 1814) m. Franziska Freidel HERZFELD bat Lazar
(b. 1775, d. 4 December 1818)
- Bernhard (Bernat) WERTHEIMER (b. 1804, d. 22 July 1854 Vienna)
married (1829) Therese (Terezia) Kann HIRSCH
the daughter of Jacob HIRSCH from F.F.M.
Great-great-grandparents of Judy EARNSHAW
judy at arach.net.au, mostly
likely through a son named Moritz WERTHEIMER who would have come to
Victoria, Australia in 1879.
- Ludwig WERTHEIM (d. 31 October 1869?)
- Marie Maria WERTHEIMER (b. 1814, d. 17 April 1828)
- Emilie (Milli) WERTHEIMER married (12 April 1829) Aby Philipp HIRSCH from Leipzik
- Louis WERTHEIMER
- Wilhelm WERTHEIMER (b. March 1815, d. suicide 20 January 1860 France) a physican and scientist,
converted to Christianity.
- Fanny Frumet Veronika WERTHEIMER (b. 1783 or 1784, d. 30 April 1811) m. her cousin
Moritz Moses Chaim KONIGSWARTER (d. 1829) from Fuerth. She was his first wife.
- Samuel WERTHEIMER (1785-1807)
- Ernst WERTHEIMER (1785-1834) m. Fanny ??. Son: David WERTHEIMER (1825-1843)
- Emanuel WERTHEIMER (1788-1822)
- Eleonora Lea WERTHEIMER (b. 1744 or 1747, d. 17 May 1782 Vienna) m.
Joachim Chajim LEIDESDORF or LEIDESDORFER
(b. 1738 Vienna, d. 26 Dec. 1834, buried 28 December 1834 next
to his son in Wahringer Friedhof Cemetery, grave 1828, row 4,
see Gary PALGON for death certificate) the son of Loeb Isak LEIDESDORFER
and Sarl Malka (Marianne) SCHLESINGER.
They lived at Stadt 964 and Stadt 1023 in 1800 and 1813 respectively.
- Sara LEIDESDORF
married (15 Aug. 1786 Vienna)
Ludwig Loebel GÖTZAL (b. 1764), merchant,
son of Samuel GÖTZAL.
Sons: Mendel (Ferdinand) GÖTZAL (b. 19 December 1793),
Wilhelm (Wolf) GÖTZAL
- Rosalie Rozetta LEIDESDORF (b. 1771 Vienna,
d. 1am 26 April 1835 Vienna, buried 9am 28 April 1835 Vienna).
Married her brother-in-law Ludwig Loebel GÖTZAL
(d. before his 2nd wife).
She had been living at Stadt 575.
She is buried in the Wahringer Cemetery, Vienna, Grave 1830, Row 5,
- Ana GÖTZAL married
(11 Mar. 1796 Vienna) Maximilian TREBITSCH, jeweler
(b. 1748) son of Josef TREBISCHER and Barbara N.
Lived in 1804 at Stadt 588.
He remarried Rosalie Sara LEIDESDORFER in 1804 Vienna.
- Marianne Merle LEIDESDORF
(b. 1772 Vienna, d. 8 June 1791 or 1797 Vienna,
buried Wahringer Cem., Row 4, Group 50)
married (11 Feb. 1789 Vienna)
Karl VON HONIGSBERG (d. 26 February 1790 Vienna,
buried Wahringer Cem., Grave 906, Row 4, Group 386) the
son of Lazar Israel ben Low.
- Josef LEIDESDORFER (b. Feb. 1773, d. 11 Apr. 1773 Vienna)
- Karl Samson LEIDESDORF
(b. 1774 Vienna, d. 7 September 1850 or
22 June 1865, buried Wahringer Friedhof Cem., Grave 5658, Row 18,
Group 138) bachelor, lived at Seegasse 9, Vienna at time of
- Wolf LEIDESDORF(b. 1778, d. 10 January 1779 Vienna)
- Ignatz LEIDESDORF (b. 1773 or 1778 Vienna,
d. 8 October 1831 Vienna), wholesaler.
He married (22 April 1813 Vienna)
his cousin Blumele Bracha LEIDESDORFER
(b. 26 Jan. 1786 or 1788 or 1791 Vienna,
d. 11 Oct. 1831 Vienna, buried 12 Oct. 1831 Vienna) the daughter of
Abraham ben Loeb LEIDESORFER and Ernestine (Ester) TREBITSCH.
According to her death certificate, Barbara was 40 years old when she died, making her birth year 1791. According to the cemetery records, she was 45 years old when she died, making her birth year 1786. Both agreed when she died.
A death certificate was found for Barbara in Vienna. It noted she died at 11 a.m. on October 11, 1831, only one day after her husband, Ignaz, had been buried. She was buried on October 12, 1831, next to her son in the Wahringer Cemetery in Wien, Austria in Grave 1829, Row 4, Group Number 972a. It noted she was born a Leidesdorf and married a Leidesdorf. She was born in Vienna, and was a widow. She had been living at Stadt 761 and died of an inflammation of lower abdomen.
Conflicting information shows his year of birth as 1773 and 1778.
At the time of his marriage in 1813, he was living in Wien, Austria at Stadt 1023.
A death certificate was found for Ignaz in Vienna. It noted he died at 5 p.m. on October 8, 1831. He was buried on October 10, 1831 in the Wahringer Cemetery in Wien, Austria in Grave 1829, Row 4, Group Number 972b. He was a local merchant, born in Vienna, and was single. He had been living at Stadt 761 and died of exhaustion.
- Fanny Franziska Veronika LEIDESDORF
married her second cousin
Karl (Carl) Simon Edler VON WERTHEIMSTEIN
- Menachem Mendel LEIDESDORF
- Samson LEIDESDORF
- Abraham LEIDESDORF
- Judit Juta Rebekka WERTHEIMER (b. 1747, d. 10 October 1769 Vienna)
- Dolza WERTHEIMER (b. 1750, d. 24 May 1752)
- Lipmann WERTHEIMER (b. 1750 REGENSBURG) m. his niece Simle WERTHEIMER
- Eveline Hefche WERTHEIMER (b. 1790 (or 1787?), d. 1820 Vienna) m. SECKEL Loeb Siegfried Philipp WERTHEIMER.
- Lisette WERTHEIMER
- Leopold WERTHEIMER
- Fritz WERTHEIMER
- Philip WERTHEIMER (1811-1871)
- Sali WERTHEIMER (married PORGES)
- Fanny WERTHEIMER m. KONIGSWARTER
- Eleanora WERTHEIMER
- Chawa Sara Eva WERTHEIMER (b. 1754, d. 13 October 1780 Vienna) married the son
of her cousin Isak Michl Simon PRESSBURG (b. 1751, d. 25 May 1803) the son of Simon
who is the grandson of Merli Magdalena SCHIFF from her first marriage.
- Isak WERTHEIMER married Rachel WETZLAR. Remarried Hanna WETZLAR.
- Rechla WERTHEIMER
- Henriette WERTHEIMER m. ?? KOPPEL
- Lea WERTHEIMER m. ?? Selig
- Samuel WERTHEIMER m. Bella DAVID.
- Henriette WERTHEIMER
- Marianna Amalie WERTHEIMER
(b. 24 Oct. 1770 Hamburg, d. 26 Jan. 1840 Cologne)
married (10 Feb. 1793 Hannover)
Moses Alexander PHILIPSON, Ph.D.
(b. 20 Nov. 1761 Altona,
changed name 9 Aug. 1810
to Jacob Martin PHILIPPI, d. 29 July 1850 Elberfeld)
Both converted to Protestant around April 1801.
Contact descendant Reinhard PHILIPPI).
- Eduard Isaac PHILIPSON
(changed name to: Franz Eduard Friedrich PHILIPPI)
(b. 21 Feb. 1797 Hannover, converted Apr. 1801,
died. 21 Nov. 1879 Frankfurt/O)
Marianne Erika (Ella) Amalia FRIEDLÄNDER
(b. Berlin 24 Feb. 1796, d. 1872?).
Son: Eduard Martin David (b. 27 Sep. 1825 Brühl, d. 13 June 1852 Mailand)
- Molly PHILIPSON (changed name to: Maria Sophia PHILIPPI)
(b. 24 Apr. 1798 Hannover, converted April 1801, d. 9 Sep. 1845 Elberfeld)
- Johann Friedrich Hector PHILIPPI
(b. 16 Mar. 1802 Hannover, 1 Jan. 1880 Bonn)
Dr.jur. h.c., geh. Oberjustizrat, Landgerichtspräsident Elberfeld,
first married (3 Sep. 1832 Cleve)
Friederike Antonetta VON RODENBERG.
Remarried (13 Jan. 1846 Köln)
Therese Wilhelmine Louise Marianne CRAMER.
- Anna PHILIPPI (b. 19 Aug. 1833 Cleve,
d. 1 Apr. 1913 Doppelsdorf),
- Johanna Louise Angelika PHILIPPI (b. 30 Sep. 1834 Cleve,
d. 3 Jan. 1843),
- Franz PHILIPPI (b. 13 Oct. 1836 Cleve, d. 6 June 1837),
Heinrich [Heinz] Ludwig PHILIPPI
(b. 9 June 1838 Cleve, d. 16 Sep. 1874 Düsseldorfj),
- Max Friedrich Anton PHILIPPI
(b. 18.6.1839 Cleve, d. 29 Jan. 1840),
- Marie Charlotte Friederike PHILIPPI
(b. Jan. 1851 Elberfeld, d. 2 Dec. 1927 Poppelsdorf),
- Gustav Friedrich Dettmar PHILIPPI (b. 14 July 1853 Elberfeld,
d. 26 Apr. 1930 Münster).
Contact descendant Reinhard PHILIPPI
- Ludwig Heinrich PHILIPPI
(b. 27 May 1806 Hannover, d. 8 Dec. 1806)
- Johann Carl Hermann PHILIPPI
(b. 28 Mar. 1810 Hannover, d. 24 Nov. 1810)
- Marianne WERTHEIMER
- Merle WERTHEIMER (d. 13 December 1780 Vienna) married
her cousin Josef Eduard VON WERTHEIMSTEIN (d. 19 January 1811) the son of Samuel.
Some information on this page thanks to
GMPalgon at Yahoo.com,
Alisa SHARON alisa_Sharon at yahoo.com,
Torsten SCHMIDT Torsten.Schmidt@unh.edu
Daniel E. LOEB, eMail: