Ignatz Asriel WOLF (youngest child of 9) (b. 30 August 1841 Eisenstadt, d. 18 January 1906 Eisenstadt)
ben Loeb Leopold WOLF
married (12 July 1864) Hermine NEUBRUNN (b. 26 December
1845 Trencsin, d. 17 August 1931 Eisenstadt)
- Ernestine WOLF (b. 14 Apr. 1865
Eisenstadt, d. Jan. 1942 New Burryport, MA, USA) m. (25 Feb. 1885) to Dr. Jacob SCHLEIFFER
(b. May 1857 Keszthely, d. 12 Jan. 1912 Vienna)
- Leopold Lob WOLF (b. 27 May 1866 Eisenstadt, d. 14 May 1826 Eisenstadt)
m. (26 May 1896) to Ottilie Otti LASCHOBER (b. 20
Sep. 1873 Eisenstadt, d. 1927 Eisenstadt)
- Jenoe Eugen WOLF (b. 5 Oct. 1897
Eisenstadt, d. May 1941 Budapest) m. (3 May 1921) to
Minna Minni TAUBER
(b. 10 Aug. 1902 Vysocan, Prague, d. 1974 Vienna)
- Wilhelm Helmi Ignaz Mathias WOLF (b. 20 Nov. 1922 Vienna, d.
- Thomas Joachim WOLF (b. 28 June 1924 Vienna, d. 5 Oct. 2001
Brasil) m. to Erica CASANOVA
- Alexius Lexi Elek WOLF (b. 20 Oct. 1898 Eisenstadt, d. 1951
Budapest) m. (17 July 1924) to Elisabet Liesl STEIN
(b. 14 Dec. 1905 Vienna, d. 16 July 1988 Vienna)
- Alexander Felix Leopold WOLF (b. 1926 Vienna, d. 1944
Holocaust killed by Nazis, Budapest)
- Franz Joachim WOLF (b. 6 May 1900 Eisenstadt, d. 1938
motorcycle accident, Budapest) married (1920) to Paula SIFFERT
(b. 1896 Vienna, d. 1952 Vienna)
- Susanne Susi Maria WOLF m. to Max HOFFMANN
(b. 27 Nov. 1907 Sarajevo, d. 1990 Vienna)
- Therese Terci WOLF (b. 22 Mar. 1902 Eisenstadt, d. 1
Mar. 1991 Buenos Aires, Argentina) married (4 May 1923) &
divorced Heinrich Henko GARTENBERG
(b. 2 Sep. 1895 Drohobycz, d. 1960 London) grandson of Moses
GARTENBERG, founder of petroleum industry in Drohobycz when it was
part of Austria. Contact:
syringa at sympatico.ca
vjs at schatzker.com
Therese Terci WOLF bat Leoplod Lob WOLF remarried &
divorced Paul REGENSTREIF
- Vera Maria GARTENBERG m. to Hans LUX
(b. 26 Apr. 1913 Prague, Czechoslovakia, d. 24 Mar. 1994
Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Peter Arthur Leopold LUX m.(10 Sep. 1983) to Alicia TURRIN
- Carolina Andrea LUX
- Veronica Paula LUX
- Dr. Victoria Regina Adela LUX, Ph.D. m. to Steven Esteban LANTOS
- Irene Johanna LANTOS
- Andres Abny Bernardo Gabriel LANTOS
- Miguel Emilo LANTOS
- Margarete Margit WOLF (b. 29 June 1905 Eisenstadt, d.
1983 Argentina) m. to Georg Adolf FLESH (b. 21
Apr. 1903 Bruenn, d. 1962 Argentina, buried Eisenstadt)
- Flora WOLF (b. 26 Mar. 1868 Eisenstadt, d. 31 Mar. 1920 Vienna)
married (14 Mar. 1888) to Joseph BRAUN
(b. 25 July 1855 Cziffer, d. 31 Aug. 1929 Vienna). [Joseph
BRAUN had several famous cousins:
of his cousins married the Grand Duke of Lichtenstein, but she died
Another cousin was Victor ADLER (1852-1918) the founder of the
Austrian Social Democratic Party. He was a prominent figure in the
international labor movement. He was a physician by profession. He was a
member of the Austrian parliament from 1905 to 1918 and foreign minister
in the Socialist government of 1918. His bust is still standing in front
of the Austrian Parliament building in Vienna. Victor ADLER’s son, Friedrich
ADLER (1879-1960) a prominent figure in the Austrian labour movement
and secretary of the Socialist International. He committed a political
assassination in 21.10.1916. He killed Count STURGKH, the prime minister.
and his wife Lilly were Josi’s cousins as well.Lilly
was the daughter of General VON KRETSCHMAN and a descendant from Napoleon Bonaparte's
brother, Jerome BONAPARTE, the ruler of Westphalia. Lilly
was an author and Heinrich was one of the founders of the periodical of
the German Social Democrats, "Neue Zeit" in 1883. Their
son, Otto BRAUN, an extremely talented writer was killed in World War I.
Heinrich's brother was Adolf BRAUN (1862-1929) a German socialist
leader who was active in the Social Democratic Party for more than 40
years. He was the brother in law of Victor ADLER.
Josi had another cousin, Henrietta SZOLD (1860-1945) who was
an American. In 1856 her parents immigrated to Baltimore, Maryland USA. Henrietta's
mother was Sophie
SCHAAR (b. 1839), [the sister of Josi BRAUN’s mother] married in
1839 Benjamin SZOLD (1829-1902), the son of Baruch SZOLD (from Nemiskert)
and of Chaile EUDLER.
Henrietta was the founder of the Hadaassah and the Youth Alliah.]
- Grete BRAUN (b. 18 Jan. 1889 Ungarisch Hradisch Moravia, d.
1944 Holocaust, Auschwitz) married (25 Feb. 1917 Vienna) &
divorced (1936) Dr. Emmerich BACK
(b. 17 Apr. 1884 Budapest, d. 17 Nov. 1957 Vienna)
- Dr. Friedrich Fritz BRAUN (b.
21 Nov. 1889 Ungarisch Hradisch Moravia, d. 7 Sep. 1956 Haifa, Israel)
married (4 Aug. 1920) to his cousin
Dr. Louise SCHLEIFFER
(b. 26 Oct. 1890 Vienna, d. 1980 Vienna)
- Susanne Susi BRAUN (b. 1 Apr. 1927 Vienna, d. 1971
Haifa, Israel) m. & div. Paul HABER
- Ernst BRAUN (b. 4 Jan. 1891 Ungarisch Hradisch Moravia, d. 13 Sep.
1915 World War One, Russia)
- Kurt BRAUN (b. 4 Apr. 1895 Ungarisch Hradisch Moravia, d. 25 June
1976 Bristol, UK) m. (May 1920) to Margarethe Louise POLLAK
(b. 8 July 1898 Bruenn, Czechoslovakia, d. 14 Jan. 1981 Bristol, UK)
- Dr. Herta BRAUN
(b. 30 Nov. 1921 Ungarisch Hradisch Moravia, d. 22 May 2002 UK) m.
& div. (1982) to
Dr. Ernest SAPHIER
(b. 4 Aug. 1918 Slovakian, d. 26 June 1988 UK)
- Dr. Ernst BRAUN m. to Hanna FREUND
Ernst BRAUN remarried Dorothea Doris LUTTENBERGER
- Dr. Doris Paula BRAUN (d. 2011) m. to
- Camilo PARRA-BRAUN
- Daniel PARRA-BRAUN
- Nicolas Parra-BRAUN
- Gabriella Gaby Sella BRAUN
- Jenny Chaja Sara WOLF (b. 1869 Eisenstadt, d. 30 Jan. 1874
- Adele WOLF (b. 1 Nov. 1870 Eisenstadt, d. 9 Dec. 1954 Israel) m.
(12 Sep. 1892) to Dr. Max BOEHM
(b. 25 Oct. 1858 Vienna, d. 7 Jan. 1952 Haifa, Israel)
- Dr. Annie Karoline BOEHM
(b. 17 Aug. 1893 Maehrisch, Ostrau, d. 11 Sep. 1895 Haifa, Israel)
- Dr. Erich BOEHM (b. 24 Oct. 1894 Maehrisch, Ostrau, d. 24 Oct. 1984
- Leo BOEHM (b. 30 Dec. 1895 Maehrisch Ostrau, d. 5 June 1958 Haifa,
Israel) m. (1935) to Anni MEYER
(b. 2 Aug. 1908 Koenigsberg, Germany, d. 6 Dec. 1982 Haifa,
- Ada BOEHM married to Shraga GORNI
- Arnon GORNI and Mor GERDSTEIN have twins. Children:
(twins) Guy GERDSTEIN and Yuval GERDSTEIN.
- Carmel GORNI
- Dana GORNI married Ilan SASON. Children:
GORNI-SASON, Shaul SASON and
- Keren GORNI
- Kaete Yael BOEHM m. to Zvi GLOWINSKY
- Ofer GLOWINSKY, (b. 13 Feb. 1973, d. 24 Aug. 2001 in private airplane
- Ayelet GLOWINSKY has a daughter Ofir GLOWINSKY.
- Franz BOHM (b. 4 Nov. 1897 Maehrisch, Ostrau, d. 22 Jan. 1993 Essex
UK) m. & div. to Johanna Cecilia BAUER
(b. 22 May. 1907 Vienna, d. Feb. 1996 London UK)
- Kaethe BOEHM (b. 19 Dec. 1900 Maehirsch, Ostrau, d. 4 Dec.
1942 Haifa, Israel)
- Sandor Alexander Nathanel WOLF (b. 21 Dec. 1871 Eisenstadt, d. 2 Jan.
1946 Haifa, Israel)
- Gisela WOLF (b. 22 Feb 1873 Eisenstadt, d.
21 Nov. 1937 Vienna) married (25 Aug. 1896) Prof. Benjamin GOMPERZ
(b. 6 Oct. 1861 Vienna, buried 7 Apr. 1935 Vienna)
- Karl WOLF (b. 1875 Eisenstadt, d. 1878 Eisenstadt)
- Frida WOLF (b. 21 Jan. 1877 Eisenstadt, d. 11 July 1963 Haifa,
Israel) m. (13 Feb. 1898) to Alfred LOEWY
(b. 15 July 1871 Vienna, d. 17 Nov. 1901 Vienna)
- Rudolf Albert LOEWY (b. 15 Feb. 1899 Vienna, d. 30 May 1924 Vienna)
- Alice WOLF (b. 8 Dec. 1879, d. 6 July 1906 drowned in a
carriage accident in Lake Silva Plana, buried Eisenstadt)
- Helene Lene WOLF (b. 6 July 1882 Eisenstadt, d. 5 Aug. 1949
Haifa, Israel) married (2 May 1905) to Otto STERN
(b. 21 Feb. 1874 Vienna, d. 8 Feb. 1954 Haifa, Israel)
- Dr. Friederike
STERN (b. 27 Apr. 1906 Mor. Ostrava, d. 24 Nov. 1983 Haifa, Israel)
married (1 July 1930 Vienna) to
her relative Josef NOBL
(b. 28 Sep. 1899 Vienna, d. 23 Aug. 1981 Haifa, Israel
- Dr. George Ignaz STERN (b. 17 Dec. 1907 Mor. Ostrava, d. 7 July
1974 Haifa, Israel) married (10 Oct. 1935 Prague) to Dr. Eva BOBASH
(b. 2 July 1913 Prague, d. 21 July 1961 Haifa, Israel)
George Ignaz STERN remarried Gerda ENOCH
(b. 7 Sep. 1912 Danzig, Germany)
- Daniela Alisa STERN m. to Nadav BARKAN
- Dafna BARKAN married (10 Oct. 2005) Yovav BORBIN.
Daughters: Rimon BORDIN and Kerem BORDIN.
- Dotan BARKAN m. to Tamar FALIK. Son:
- Giora BARKAN m. Lilaj IZRAELI.
Children: Gali BARKAN and Lion Joseph BARKAN.
- Dr. Franz Michael STERN (b. 25 June 1910 Mor. Ostrava, d. 24 Sep.
1975 Rehovot, Israel) married (22 Aug. 1947 Prague) to
(b. 18 Jan. 1920 Friedek Mistek, Czechoslovakia, d. 25 Apr. 2003
Rehovot, Israel). [Cousins of Susanne FALL's
father include: (i)
was a composer of light opera. He studied at the Vienna Conservatorium
with Johann Fuchs and others. He
played violin in the "Markgraf Ludwig von Baden" regiment's
band. Then for some years he was theatre conductor in Berlin, Cologne
and Hamburg but lived for most of his life in Vienna. He returned to
Vienna in 1904 when his career as composer began with the success of
the Opera "Irricht" and the operetta "Der Fidele
Bauer" (Mannheim, July 27,1907, London 1908). Then he composed
the "Die Dollarprinzessin" (Vienna, Carl T. Nov. 2, 1907)
which was the most successful, with over 600 performances. In 1908 he
composed the "Geschiedene Frau" (Vienna 1908; London 1910),
in 1909 the "Bruederlein fein" in 1912 the "Der Liebe
Augustin" which was revised from his operetta "Der Rebell"
(Vienna, Nov. 29 1905), a failure at its first production, (Berlin
Feb. 3 1912; London 1913) in 1916 the "Rose von Stambul" (Vienna, Dec. 2,1916). He also
composed "Eternal Waltz" (London, Dec. 22,1911) and two
years before his death the "Madame Pompadour" (Vienna March
2.1923 ; London 1933).
also composed “Paroli 1902“, “Die Span. Nachtigol, 1920“.
was the son of Moritz Fall (1848-1922) a military choir conductor.
Richard was a composer of operettas and films "Sehnsucht
202", "Lilion" and songs like the hit "Was machst
Du mit dem Knie lieber Hans" “Wr. Fratz, 1912“
“Grouestadtmaerchen, 1920“. They were deported from France to K.Z.
and didn't return from it.]
- Alisa STERN
alisa_Sharon at yahoo.com
Thomas Joseph Shlomo (STERN) SHARON.
Thanks to Alisa for information about this branch of the family.
Children: Eyal SHARON (b. 24 Oct. 2007 Israel) and
Gil Sharon (26 May 2009 Israel).
- Guy SHARON married Inbal NEIGER.
Children: Eyal SHARON (b. 24 Oct. 2007 Israel)
and Gil Sharon (26 May 2009 Israel).
- Roy Michael SHARON married Mati AMADO.
Children: Noa SHARON (b. 20 Mar. 2005 Israel),
Ben SHARON (b. 14 Nov. 2007 New Jersey) and
Romi SHARON (b. 15 Feb. 2012 Israel).
Information on this page contributed by
Alisa SHARON alisa_Sharon at yahoo.com.
Daniel E. LOEB, eMail: