Other LOEBs (not necessarily related)
- Abraham (Abe) LOEB married (5 December 1866)
Fredericke (Ricka) MAY sister of Haanchen MAY (b. 1831)
daughter of Meyer MAY and Caroline (Yette or Jette) LANGE
from Hainstadt, Germany.
Abraham was living at JACKSON, Michigan, though the couple moved to Rock
Island at some point, where they both died, Abraham 2 Oct 1896. Two possible
dates for his birth 8 January 1829 or 1831 (Gravestone and Obituary
respectively). On his marriage, Abraham's parents are given as Solomon LOEB
and Eva HIRSCH. He was apparently born at Wallhausen (or possibly
Haanchen MAY married a
SCHLOSS and subsequently a SCHLOSS (Matilda) married an OPPENHEIM (Joseph),
Contact: David OPPENHEIMER
- Abraham LOB (b. 1720 Odenbach, Pfaltz, Germany) married Amelie.
They had one child Abraham LOB (aka Moschler Reb LOB)
(b. 5 Feb 1758, d. 28 Mar 1829 Obermoschel, Germany). He married Johanna (Anna)
JOSEPH. They had one child Isaac LOB (b. 17 Jan 1801 Hinzweiler Kanton Lauterecken,
d. 9 Nov 1873 Niedermoschel) married 26 Nov 1829 Elisabeth STRAUSS.
They had four children including: Ferdinand LOB (b. 13 Dec 1846 Niedermoschel,
d. 2 Jun 1907 Bad Kreuznach (Diakoniss H), buried Obermosch)
who married (12 Aug 1880) Rosina (Lina) KAHN. They had 6 children
For more information see David ROSENTHAL's
or the OBERMOSCHEL websites
- Emil LOB (b. 17 May 1881 Obermoschel, d. 21 April 1952 Cleveland, Ohio)
married Bella LEVI.
Came to US 1938. They had 3 children including Franz (Frank) Ludwig LOB (b. 21 Feb 1921 Damstadt) who now lives
in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Fritz LOEB killed in streetcar
accident 1920 Darmstadt, age of 7.
- Frank LOEB married Ellen ANGRES in New York City, Oct.1951.
Divorced, now lives in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Barbara Emily LOEB (b. 27 Sept 1952), married Howard I.
BERNSTEIN 17 June 1973; two children, Laura Margaret LOEB and Thomas LOEB,
- Nancy Louise LOEB (b. Cleveland, 29 Jan 1955)
married William C. WILLIAMS, 2
Aug 1992 in Davis CA, one son, Maxwell LOEB WILLIAMS b. Davis CA 5
Dec 1996. They live in Davis CA.
- Victoria Rose LOEB (b. Cleveland, 25 July 1961) married Jonathan S. ZISS 12
Nov 1988; two children: Hanna Sophia, b. Philadelphia 4 Sept 1991,
Simone Madeleine, b. Philadelphia 11 April 1994.
- Ernest Karl LOEB b.
DARMSTADT July 10, 1924, died 1972 in Pennsylvania, although he lived
in Denver. Married Dorothy KATZ; two sons: Lawrence, married Gloria,
3 daughters; Ronald Emil, not married.
- Barbara BERNSTEIN
Ffion at aol.com
- Karl LOEB married Henny. Had two
sons: Eric, married to Jean, 2 daughters, Carol and Susan, both
married. Carol has one son, one daughter, Susan has one son. Eric
and Jean live in Teaneck NJ
- Julius LOEB
- Sophie LOEB
- Anna LOEB
- Elsa LOEB
- Abraham LOEB, Mathematician, Institute for Advanced
- Abraham LOEB, Assistant Professor of Astronomy, Harvard
B.Sc. (1983), M.Sc. (1985), Ph.D. (1986) Hebrew University of
Jerusalem. Research specialties: theoretical cosmology; plasma
- Adelheid LOEB
- Albert LOEB m. Anna. Albert began his career as a lawyer and
Vice President of Sears and Roebuck. Albert and Anna Loeb had an impressive mansion in the Kenwood section on the South Side of Chicago, two blocks away from the Leopold home, as well as a summer estate in Charlevoix, Michigan.
The LOEB School and LOEB Road in Charlevoix, Michigan are named
after Albert LOEB.
The Loeb family of Chicago built a "castle and estate" down
the road in 1900-1920, and then built this stone school as a gift for the
rural children of the area.
Contact: Bob WAUN
Richard Albert LOEB
(b. June 11, 1905, Chicago. d. Jan. 28, 1936, Stateville
Penitentiary, Ill., U.S.), celebrated Chicago murderer (along with
Nathan F. LEOPOLD) of 1924, who confessed to the kidnapping and
murder of 14-year-old Robert
FRANKS for an "intellectual" thrill. Pleading guilty, they were defended in a bench trial by famed lawyer Clarence
DARROW, who secured them life imprisonment rather than execution. Son of SEARS & ROEBUCK
vice president. (Encyclopedia Judaica 22 Volume Set
XI p. 441.)
about Leopold and LOEB
Contact: Bobbie FRANKS' cousin Brett LIEBERMAN firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alexander LOEB, left Denmark when he was around 20 years old.
Contact: Niels ANDERSON email@example.com
- Alex LOEB
- Anton LOEB from Hungary. Son Jan
LOEB. Grandson Brian LOEB from Florida. Contact
wedigs at ct.net
Alex LOEB (b. 1902, d. August 1939) lost at sea in late August 1939 along with Richard DECKER, 23, in the Ryan C2 Brougham monoplane "Shalom". They were making a transatlantic flight with Palestine the ultimate destination. They were involved with Rabbi Jabotinsky's Aviation Schools and Jewish Army.
The plane had been owned by the Horrocks Malted Milk Company and had a British Roundel on the fuselage side as did some of the the Jabotinsky aircraft at their Rockaway school on Long Island.
They blew a tire at Roosevelt Field on takeoff, got caught, and US authorities denied the Shalom permission to take off and so they transported the Shalom to St Peters, Nova Scotia, where they took off from the beach at low tide, without permission of authorities (two pilots had already been lost attempting these Atlantic flights in little planes that year) and were never heard from again.
At the time of the flight Jewish refugees and the ship St Louis were gripping the Jewish community along with the warclouds in Europe. Loeb and Decker were dramatizing Palestine and the Jewish Brigade there.
The war news doomed them to oblivion, however.
You can see the silent Film "The Jabotinsky Aviation School" on
Steven Spielberg's virtual jewish film archive online.
See "C1, C2 Foursome" entry on this
Contact: Nathan STURMAN
- Anton LOEB, chief animator for paramount pictures in New York, and he was one of
the greats animating Popeye Cartoons in Fliesher Studio's
- Jan G. LOEB lived in
Miami until 1986, moved to Avon Park, FL.
Contact him if you are interested in purchasing his father's (Anton LOEB's) paintings
in order to help finance the studies of his son Brian LOEB.
- Steven LOEB
- Aaron LOEB
- Brian S. LOEB (b. 1986) sang in Carnigie Hall with his Chorus group and has
attended the American Boychoir Summer Program in Princeton, New Jersey
- David LOEB, wine business
- August Benjamin LOEB
(b. 6 Jun 1841, Bechtheim, Rhein-Hessen, Germany,
d. 23 Aug 1915)
married Mathilde ADLER
(This was a second marriage.
She was first married to B. W. FLEISHER)
(b. ca 1848,
d. 7 Jul 1875)
- Oscar D. LOEB (b. 1872, d. 29 Mar 1919) m. Rose GOLDSMITH
(b. ca 1875)
- Dorothy LOEB (b. 19 Sep 1898, d. 17 May 1972) m. (17
Mar 1918) and div. Elmer SIMON (b. ca 1896)
- Barbara Loeb SIMON (b. 1 Aug 1920) m. (4 Jul 1940)
Lawrence BLUMENTHAL (b. 8 Oct 1916, d. 29 Sept 2003).
- Elinor BLUMENTHAL (b. 24 Mar 1942) m. (27 Dec
1964) John Muir GOULD
- Nicholas Benjamin GOULD (b. 8 Oct 1967)
- Saskia Catherine GOULD (b. 4 Jan 1970) m. (26 Jun 1999)
- Amalia Rae DUMMETT (b. 31 May 2001)
- Teanna Louise DUMMETT (b. 5 Nov 2003)
- Molly Louise GOULD (b. 2 Apr 1980) m. (13 Jul 2007)
Angelo DE SANTIS
- Carl Reuben GOULD (b. 14 Sep 1982) m. (28 Dec 2003) Stacy
- Ryan John GOULD (b. 26 May 2006)
- Ella Louise GOULD (b. 25 April 2008)
- Thomas BLUMENTHAL (b. 2 Sep 1943) m. (25 June 1966)
Elizabeth Logan PACKARD b. 24 Jun 1943
- Dana Michael BLUMENTHAL (b. 26 Aug 1969) m. (14 Sep 2002)
- Quinn Perry BLUMENTHAL (b. 9 Mar 2006)
- Gregory Logan BLUMENTHAL (b. 17 Jun 1972) m. (2 Oct 1999)
Amanda Shu-Chuan CHEN
- Jason Logan BLUMENTHAL(b. 12 Jun 2003)
- Adrian Skye BLUMENTHAL (b. 28 Jan 2005)
- Margaret BLUMENTHAL (b. 22 Sep 1946) m. (14 Jun
1968) and div. William D. STERN
(b. 19 May 1945)
- Tia Sarka MRAZ (b. 13 Jul 1977)
BLUMENTHAL (b. 6 Oct 1956) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elinor SIMON (b. 12 Oct 1922) m. (5 Sep 1945) and
div. Maxwell Henry DAVIS
- Frederick DAVIS (b. Feb 1948)
- Barbara DAVIS (b. Apr 1950)
- Dorrie Ann DAVIS (b. May 1952)
- Matilda LOEB (d. 26 Oct 1933) first married Stanley
Matilda LOEB remarried Morton GERSTLE
- Roseanne SAMPTER (b. 10 Nov 1919) m. Al BARTWINK
(b. 2 May 1919).
- Marjorie BARTWINK (b. 1943) m. and div. Edwin M. GOLDSMITH
- Stephen GOLDSMITH m. Karen GROSSMAN
- Brooke GOLDSMITH (b. 15 Feb 1996)
- Matthew GOLDSMITH (b. 6 Feb 1998)
- Jane GOLDSMITH (b. 27 Jul 2002)
- Lauren GOLDSMITH m. Jeremy MOLISH
- David MOLISH
- Andrew MOLISH
- Norman BARTWINK (b. 1949)
- Doris SAMPTER m. Robert ROSENAU
- Ronald ROSENAU (b. 1948)
- Robyn ROSENAU
- Randi ROSENAU
- Steven ROSENAU
- Jolee ROSENAU
- Mekissa ROSENAU
- Brett ROSENAU
- Thomas ROSENAU (b. 1950)
- Charles A SAMPTER (b. 1924)
- Howard Arthur LOEB (b. 25 Jul 1873, d. 3 Nov 1955)
m. Hortense FLEISHER
(b. 1875, Pennsylvania, d. 8 Jul 1957)
- Bella LOEB (b. ca 1874, d. Feb 1963)
m. Solomon SELIG (b. 1858, d. 13 Jun 1939)
- Minnie LOEB (b. 1875, d. 1 Jul 1946)
m. (22 Oct 1895) Albert WOLF (b. 15 Jun 1868, d. 16 Feb 1931)
- Harriet WOLF (b. ca 1900) first married Milton ROSENAU.
Harriet WOLF remarried Fred SCHWED (b. ca 1895)
- Fred ROSENAU (b. 23 Jun 1923) m. (30 Jun. 1955)
- Howard A ROSENAU (b. 21 Jul 1925)
- Milton ROSENAU Jr. (b. 16 Jun 1931)
m. (12 Jun 1954) Joyce FISHE
- Howard WOLF (b. 1901) m. (1928) Martha ROSENTHAL
- Albert Edmund WOLF (b. 28 Dec 1929).
Children: Deborah A WOLF (b. 28 Oct 1955),
Martha L WOLF (b. 19 Nov 1954),
James G WOLF (b. 29 Feb 1956)
- Howard Louis WOLF (b. 27 Apr 1932)
m. Ann APFELBAUM
- John Howard WOLF (b. 11 Dec 1937)
- Alfred WOLF (b. 29 Jul 1904)
m. Constance CONN (b. 16 Jul 1905)
- Walter L WOLF m. Irene GOLDOWSKY
- Alexandra WOLF (b. 1 Nov 1936) m. Herbert FOGEL
- Nicholas WOLF (b. 2 Mar 1938)
- Catherine WOLF (b. 5 Mar 1940) m.
John Frederick TUTON.
Child: Anya TUTON (b. May 1973)
- Andrew WOLF (b. 3 Dec 1943)
- Thomas WOLF (b. 23 Sep 1945)
- Lucy WOLF (b. 1949)
- Babette LOEB married Abraham LANDSBERG
- Bernard S. LOEB, director of Office of Aviation Safety
at National Transportation Safety Board
- Betty (Babette) LOB/LOEB (b. 1842) is the great-grandmother of
Martha R. GALLAGHER (945 W. Grovecenter Street,
Covina, California 91722). Betty and her sisters Teresa
(b. 1834) and Jeanette (b. 1846) all emigrated to
Philadelphia in the 1860s and changed their names from LOB to
LOEB. Their brother Lazarus LOB (b. 1840) left for North
America in 1872, and brothers Jacob (b. 1835) and
Baruch (b. 1840) remained in Phillipsburg Badan, marrying
Johanna BODDENHEIMER and Henrietta BODDENHEIMER daughters of Elias
BODDENHEIMER and Teresa LOB.
- Bernard LOEB came to the Territory of Florida from Mülheim an der Ruhr,
Prussia in 1834 to settle on property that he had purchased in Monticello,
Jefferson County in 1831. Bernard was one of the first registered voters for
the new State of Florida, established in 1845,
- Maurice LOEB served in the Confederacy in the First Florida Infantry
and was captured at Missionary Ridge, TN. He survived his captivity only
to return to a bankrupt family business... their tannery and leathergoods
business had been a large supplier to the Confederacy. The family still
own a portion of LOEB land in Jefferson County, Florida.
Contact: Great-grandson Thomas Lake LOEB, Jr. (Tom)
- Carolyn LOEB, French disco singer
- Charles LOEB,
- Kelly G. LOEB,
(b. March 14, 1976, Los Angeles) is dental student at University
of Missouri: Kansas City,
- Daniel D. LOEB, LOEB at ONCOLOGY.WISC.EDU,
Asst. Prof. Oncology, Wisconsin.
- Daniel LOEB, character supervisor for the film Titanic
- David Virgil LOEB, musician, (family origins Trier,
- Ed LOEB married Millicent, divorced, remarried,
in West Lafayette, Tippecanoe County, Indiana in the 1960-1970's.
- Dominique-France LOEB, later PICARD, once Princess Fadila of
- Edwin Meyer LOEB (1894-1966)
Dr. Ehud LOEB
was born in 1934 as Herbert Odenheimer in Buehl, Germany. During the Holocaust his family was deported to France; from there his parents were sent to Auschwitz where they perished. Dr. Loeb survived as a child in hiding. Ehud Loeb today lives in Jerusalem and is a member of the Commission for the Designation of the Righteous Among the Nations. He feels that as someone who was saved, it is
his duty to contribute in some way to rewarding those who helped the Jews.
- Ella LOEB is the paternal grandmother of
Stuart J. SAMUEL.
She came to the US from Germany and settled in Baltimore in the
early 1900's with her brothers Harry and Meyer LOEB.
- Eric P.
LOEB, post-doc M.I.T. A.I. Laboratory
- Eric LOEB, Director,
Scientists for Gore
- Ernest LOEB m. Selma SACHSENDORFER daughter of Leah and
- Howard LOEB CALABASLAW@aol.com
- Cindy Hope LOEB m. (7 Aug 2005 Los Angeles)
Robert CRAIG son of Betty and Edward IZENBERG (d.). Rob is a comedy writer and the music director at Premiere Radio Networks in
Sherman Oaks, California. Cindy and Rob met at Premiere where Cindy also works.
In addition to her position in Affiliate Services at Premiere, Cindy has been
pursuing her singing and acting. She recently completed a successful run in the
Studs Terkel musical Working and received accolades in Los Angeles
Weekly, being described as “The very appealing Cindy Hope LOEB.”
- Eugene LOEB saw that things were changing in Europe. Anti-Semitism was on the rise and it got to the point where he and his brother Eliezer(?),
who had his own family, decided to leave the country for the United States. When the time came to embark on the ship set for the US,
and his family was turned away, however, they settled for another destination point, which was Uruguay in South America.
When they arrived at Uruguay, their last name on the official documents were misspelled from “Loeb” to “Leb”… and it stayed that way.
Eliezer and his family were able to board the ship to the US. The last thing that was heard about them was that they settled in Cleveland, Ohio.
One of Eliezer's children grew up to be a NASA physicist.
- David LEB (formerly LOEB) (b. 1925 Cluj, Hungary), raised in Montevideo, Uruguary.
Son: Emilio LEB email@example.com
- Feibelmann LOB married Ester DOTTERES, both recorded as having been living in Mutterstadt in 1754.
- Kalman LOB married Anna Maria ISAAC, daughter of Raphael and Rachel
Fussgoennheim on 20 May 1802. In 1808, responding to the Code Napoleon,
Kalman and Anna Maria changed their names. He asked to be called Jacques
(Jakob) and she asked that her maiden name be recorded as "Marie Anne LANDMANN." Between 1803 and 1826, they had 13 children.
Jakob LOEB died in
Mutterstadt on August 16, 1825 and Marie Anne died on 20 October 1853, also
in Mutterstadt. Descendant: Ernest LOEB
- Lazarus LOEB married Fradel BENSHEIM who was born in
Mannheim and who was the widow of Herrmann from Grunstadt.
- Ester LOEB married Simon MARX
- daughter (died at birth 1790 Mutterstadt), twin of Ferdinand LOEB
- Ferdinand LOEB (born 1790 Mutterstadt a small town near Heidelberg, Germany in the region that was formerly known as DARMSTADT-Hesse)
Ferdinand, who was a peddler in Germany and who was conscripted in Napoleon's
army. At that time he chose the surname LOB which was later altered to LOEB when
Rudolph, Frederick's Father came to Ellis Island in 1901 at the age of twelve.
He later went on to develop lace curtain and machinery in a factory in Camden,
New Jersey and settled in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania.
Ferdinand LOEB wrote his autobiography in 1835.
His great great great granddaughter Terese LOEB KREUZER TLKpiano at aol.com has a portion
of it translated into English and have left a copy of it at the Leo BAECK Library in Manhattan.
- Abraham LOEB of Mutterstadt, married Lena HIRSCH
- Rudolph LOEB married Terese ULLMAN LOEB.
Rudi came to the US when he was 13 to through Ellis Island from
Munich in Germany.
Terese remarried Rabbi Solomon FOSTER, who was the Rabbi of the
Newark, New Jersey Reformed Synagogue.
- Frederick Rudolph LOEB (b. 13 Sep. 1914 Philadelphia,
d. 18 May 1989 Philadelphia) married Elise KAUDERS
(b. 2 Oct. 1916) lives in Wyncote House.
- Terese LOEB KREUZER TLKpiano at aol.com (b. 10 Jan. 1943 Philadelphia).
She writes "When I went to the Leo BAECK some years ago with my daughter, who
had an assignment from school to write about her ancestors. I gave the
librarian the name of my grandfather, Rudolf LOEB, who was born in Mutterstadt
and who emigrated to Philadelphia in the 1890's. She returned moments later
with a thick file that had been deposited in the library by a man named Ernest
LOEB who lived not far from me in Manhattan. As soon as I opened this file, I
realized that Ernest and I were both descended from Feibelmann LOB."
- Randle LOEB
Lives in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania.
Son and Daughter.
- Richard LOEB (d.) married Marianne.
They lived in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania.
Thomas LOEB, David LOEB, Adrienne LOEB
- 5 other children
- Felix LOEB from Strasbourg (cousin of
Paul Henry LOEB) married Gessy
- Pierre LOEB m. Ivani.
- Pierre LOEB
- Jean Louis LOEB
- Rodrigo LOEB
- Henriette LOEB m. Pierre ESTEVES
- Francisco ESTEVES
- Luis ESTEVES
- Antonio ESTEVES
- Isabel ESTEVES
- Beatriz ESTEVES
- Raoul LOEB, plastic surgeon in Brazil, married Elza LARA
- Tania Lara LOEB m. Arnold WALD.
Son: Raul Loeb WALD
- Katia Lara LOEB
- Cynthia Lara LOEB m. Amedeo PAPA.
Son: Lorenzo Loeb PAPA.
- Sheila Lara LOEB
- Rabbi Ferdinand LOEB
(brothers Hannon LOEB, Simon LOEB, Louis LOEB, Henry LOEB)
came from Alsace-Lorraine and settled
with his wife in Indiana.
He married Mina ACKERMAN (b. 1844) daughter of
Rabbi Loew ACKERMAN and Karoline LEIBMAN from Gutwertheim, Germany.
Contact: Ronnie Bernard LAZARUS firstname.lastname@example.org great-granddaughter
of Mina's brother Nathan ACKERMAN.
Contact: Tami PENTEK
- Esther LOEB (b.
abt 1868, d. 1915) married Herman FALKENSTEIN and she had a settlement house in
Chicago that was very well known.
- Benjamin LOEB
- Stella LOEB Stella married Raphael BLOCH
Robert BLOCH, wrote the book
(version francais Psychos:
and other thrillers.
- Gertrude LOEB
- Lee LOEB
- François LOEB heads the LOEB department stores in Bern,
Switzerland. Ancestors came from Germany (Freiburg area) in the
Contact: His brother-in-law Stanley ROBBOY robbo001 at mc.duke.edu.
- Fred LOEB, immigrated to Philadelphia from Russia, 1914. Other relatives from Russia went to South Africa.
- David Frederick LOEB (b. 1 May 1923 Philadelphia)
email@example.com is the local Philadelphia editor for the Washington Post. Previously he was deputy managing editor/news at The Philadelphia Inquirer, where he was a reporter earlier in his career. Before returning to Philadelphia, he was Metro investigations
editor at the Los Angeles Times and a defense reporter at The Washington Post.
He is married to CBS Philly broadcast journalist
Patricia Ford "Pat" LOEB (b. Philadelphia).
She graduated magna cum laude from Temple University’s renowned School of Communications and Theatre and, after three invaluable years at KYW,
spent the majority of her work life in public radio, including four years as a foreign correspondent based in Asia,
which gave her the opportunity to cover stories such as coups d’etat, volcano eruptions, earthquakes,
and the return of Imelda Marcos to Manila to reclaim her shoes.
A digression into motherhood was punctuated by print work for the Washington Post, the Congressional Quarterly,
and the Pew Center for Civic Journalism, among other gigs.
She returned to radio in Los Angeles, as a correspondent for the public radio business show
- Katie LOEB of New York City, manager of the Manhattan Inn and Glasslands
- David LOEB, a student at Temple University
- Frances LOEB, a student-athlete at Johns Hopkins
- Julia LOEB, a student at CU-Boulder.
- Frederic LOEB
- Richard Otto LOEB (d. around 1927)
- Eric LOEB (b. 1921 Stuttgart)
m. Marion (b. Frankfurt)
lives New York City
- Harry LOEB (d. 2002)
- Fritz LOEB from Manheim came to Argentina in 1935.
- Raul LOEB is president of Nidera S.A. (grain exporting
- Gerald LOEB, founding partner of
E. F. Hutton & Co..
In 1957, he established the
Gerald LOEB Award
for excellence in in journalism,
especially in the fields of business, finance and the economy.
Gerald E. LOEB, M.D., firstname.lastname@example.org,
Director of the
Medical Device Development Facity
the University of Southern California, and
Chief Executive Officer of
New Procedure, Artificial Arm Listens to Brain.
Family changed name from LIEBOWITZ when they immigrated to the United States
- Gerson Gustav LOEB (1785-1855) who
married Susanne MÜLLER
whose father had a business at the "Hohen
Markt" in Vienna, Worms,
Gerson's father was a court banker and "Paechter
der Muenze" in Vienna. A
note states that this family of "tolerated Jews"
was related to Baron
BIEDERMANN who was important at the time of
Simon LOEB was founding partner of New York accounting
firm LOEB and TROPER.
- Amalie LOEB (married Isaak ISRAEL of
Mattersdorf, Hungary [Burgenland]),
- Abraham LOEB
- Maier Wolf (Max) LOEB
- Titel LOEB (married HEIM)
- Katherine LOEB married FALL
- Blume LOEB
- Jacob LOEB
Contact: Simon's cousin Leo BING's grandson
Daniel BING email@example.com.
- Gumbel LOEB was born in Vallendar/Rhein,
Germany, sometime around
1850. He married Emma HERZ.
- Leni LOEB
- Victor LOEB born in Vallendar in 1885. Victor married Bertha
from Westerburg in 1920.
- Max Gunther LOEB (b. 1921) emigrated to Canada in 1940 and now resides in
Ontario, Canada. He married Martha SEVIGNY in 1960
- Mark Bertram LOEB, twin.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and is a doctor of infectious
microbiology. Married Andrea Ciemiega in 1990, and they
daughter named Julia Danielle in 1995.
- Daniel Victor LOEB, twin b. 1961, d. 1978.
- Norman Gary LOEB (b. 1965)
atmospheric science at Oregon State University in
- Gus LOEB m. Julia. Article from Lincoln, Nebraska's
The Evening News (25 June 1895).
Killed a husband and wife.
Barboursville, Ky., June 25-- "Word has been received here that Gus LOEB
wife, Julia, Hebrew peddlers, were murdered in Harlan county by masked
men. Robbery was the only cause for the crime. The murderers have not
been captured. Gus LOEB has a good business in Philadelphia."
- Gustov LOEB (born 18
Feb 1874 in Goldbach, Germany, died 30 Oct 1952 in New York City) married a Johanna
WORMS (born 16 Oct 1875 in Aschaffenburg, Germany, died 13 Jul 1954 in New York City).
They had a daughter, Ilse, (born 30 Sept 1900 in Goldbach, died 23 Feb 1985
in NY) who married a Dr. Max SALOMON ( born 8 Jan 1893 in Sprindlingen,
Germany, died 23 May 1957 in New York City). They had a son named Henry.
(Contact person: Steven Warner
SWarner317 at aol.com
- Harry J. LOEB (1862-1942) and his brother Fred LOEB.
Harrye is buried in the Circle Hill
Cemetary in Punsutawney, PA.
They both were founding father,
successful businessmen and philanthropists in Du Bois, PA
Harry was a merchant who later became
involved with the DU BOIS family in the lumber business.
Contact: Richard Steve LEVINE
- Helen LOEB hLOEB at eastern.edu, Professor of Education, Eastern College, received a laureate award for twenty years of continuous membership in this
group. Helen will be Chairing the Alvernia College teacher preparation programs evaluating team for the Pennsylvania
Department of Education February 17-19.
Henry L. LOEB,
Mathematician, University of Oregon,
LOEB at bright.math.uoregon.edu
- Henry LOEB moved from Bolgar, Russia to Sanger, California.
- Edwin Theodore LOEB, grew up in Sanger, California
- Edwin Albert LOEB, grew up in Fresno, California
Daniel Edwin LOEB, firstname.lastname@example.org,
grew up in Fresno, California,
sergeant in the U.S. Air Force and
currently stationed in Greenland.
Air Traffic Controller and Anti-Terrorism Officer in the
USAF and a volunteer sheriff and community emergency response
team member when he is stationed in America.
He graduated from American Military University with a M.A.
in Homeland Security & Crisis Management and a
graduate certificate in Terrorism Studies
with concentrations in Crisis Management and Terrorism Studies.
Attended counter-terrorism training in Israel.
Daniel E. Loeb is a non-denominational Christian, survivalist writer.
He studied Counter-Terrorism and Krav Maga in Israel,
and taught Close Quarters Combat/Battle internationally.
He serves as an Anti-Terrorism Officer on a military installation,
and as a civilian Law Enforcement Officer. He is a member of the Community Emergency Response Team,
and is a Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Victim's Advocate.
He has a Black Belt in Jujitsu and was a registered coach with USA Boxing.
He has a Bachelors Degree in Psychology,
and has taught Hypnosis and Behavioral Modification internationally.
- Henry LOEB. Bella LOEB was born in New York City Mar. 15, 1861. Her mother was
Henriette BERLINGER and her father was Henry LOEB. Henry had gone to San
Francisco earlier to set up his business and find a home for his little
family. Mother and daughter travelled from N.Y. to New Orleans, then
went by ship to Panama.From Panama they travelled overland to San Diego.
When they reached San Diego, Bella came down with measles. Henry came
down to meet them. When Bella was well again they came by ship to San
Francisco. Bella's mother died soon after in 1867. Bella was only seven.
She and her father moved into a boarding house where there would be
someone around for the little girl while her dad was at work. Henry was
in the meat packing business. Contact: Bella's granddaughter,
Molley McMANUS mcmanus at dallas.net
- Henry STERN LOEB from Chicago married Elsie LOEB
(also her maiden name) from St. Louis. Their families had both
immigrated to the U.S. in the late 1800s from Southern Germany.
Elizabeth Louise LOEB
elizabeth.LOEB at usdoj.gov. Also contact
Henry's nephew Hamilton LOEB
hammyl at aol.com.
- Hirch LÖB m. Sara ANSCHEB (b. Bentheim, Germany)
- Daniel LÖB
(b. 8 Dec. 1808 Bechtheim, Germany, d. Amsterdam, Netherlands 20 Jan. 1884)
married (26 Nov. 1844)
Sophie Abraham POSNANSKI
(b. 19 May 1817 Amsterdam, d. 19 Aug. 1876). Their graves are at Muiderberg, Holland.
- Francina LÖB (b. 15 July 1846 Amsterdam) m. Coppel PHILIPP from Cappeln, Germany
- Anna Sophia LÖB (b. 12 Oct. 1848)
- Henriette Julia LÖB (b. 14 Apr. 1850) emigrated with husband to U.S.A. in 1873
- Augusta Ambrosia LÖB (b. 22 Nov. 1851)
- Susanna Bertha LÖB (b. 29 Apr. 1853)
- Wilhelmina Louis LÖB (b. 11 Aug. 1854) m. Fransz ASCHER probably from Hamburg, Germany
- Herman Albert LÖB (b. 14 Sep. 1855) emigrated to the U.S. as a
young man. Contact: Karin LOEB email@example.com
- Pauline Elise LÖB (b. 23 July 1857, d. 1937) m.
married Otto LOEB
(b. 1854 Elberfeld, d. 1934 Hilversum)
- Emilie Charlotte LÖB (b. 6 Nov. 1858) m. Leopold BUCHENBACHER from Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- Hyman LOEB (b. Poland?, d. Richmond Hill, NY 1947 or 1948) tailor in New
York. Hyman married Yetta FARBER (b. late 1800s Nowy Sacz/Nysont,
Poland, d. 1920s New York). Yetta and her brother both died in the
1920s and Hyman remarried Yetta's brother's widow Laura HIBEL. It
was the second marriage for both Laura and Hyman. Laura and her
first husband are the great-grandparents of
Arielle K. MASTERS.
Yetta is Arielle's great-grandfather's sister.
- Samuel LOEB, printer (b. about 1900 New York,
d. ? (lived in Florida in 1994)) married Shirley
(b. about 1900).
Children: Cecilia "Sissy" LOEB
and Melvin LOEB.
- Etta LOEB (b. 1905 New York, d. New York)
first married (Brooklyn, New York)
(1) Harry MAIBRUCH
(b. after 1900, d. early 1960s New York)
Etta remarried WEISS.
- Alan Ira MAIBRUCH, pharmacist
(b. about 1938, d. 2000 New York)
married Susan. One daughter and one son.
- Isaac LOEB Peretz , 1852-1915, Polish Jewish poet, novelist, playwright, and lawyer.
A voice of the renaissance of progressive culture among the Jews (Haskalah),
he wrote in Hebrew and Yiddish of the material poverty and spiritual riches of European Jews.
His finest work is contained in his Hasidic sketches, e.g., Stories and Pictures (19001901).
- Isaac Löb married Esther Eliaß.
Contact: Iris Schaechter ischaechter at web.de
- Moyses Löb (born
Easter 1762, died 26.06.1837) later had his name changed to
Moises Dreifuß (or as of 1814 to Moses Löb DREYFUSS).
- Isaiah ben Jodah LOEB Berlin,
also called Isaiah Pick
(b. October 1725, Eisenstadt, Hungary [now in Austria] d. May
13, 1799, Breslau, Silesia, Prussia [now
Wroclaw, Pol.]), Jewish scholar noted for his textual
commentaries on the Talmud and other writings.
- Isidore LOEB (1839-1892). (Encyclopedia Judaica 22 Volume Set
> XI p. 437). French rabbi and scholar. Secretary of Alliance Israelite Universelle in Paris 1869-1892.
- J. Eugene LOEB (b. 7 Oct. 1908 Albia, Iowa, d. around 1950 Illinois?)
(son of Mattie ETTENSON)
married Ann Loretta SANDERS (b. 31 Jan. 1911). Both sons
were adopted by a step father and do not use
the last name Loeb.
Contact his relative: Shelle YOUNG
- Jay Eugene LOEB (3 July 1942)
- Philip LOEB (b. 1944)
- Jacob LOEB (d. circa 1870, buried Wilmington NC), French consul, came to U.S.A.
around 1850 lived in Wilmington NC.
Contact: E. W. WARD
- Harry LOEB, medical student
- Jacob LOEB born in Vallendar-on-the-Rhine sometime
about 1830 or so. He married Minna Bass(?). The family was in the
livestock and feed business. They migrated to the U. S. and
established a home in Philadelphia, PA.
The two oldest sons,
Michael LOEB (b. May 12, 1868 Koblenz, d. Aug. 15, 1959
Chicago) and Theodore
LOEB were born in Germany.
They came to America when Theo was about 6 months old. They had 5
other children, Yetta, Carrie, Sadie and Louis LOEB
and Ray LOEB HECHT (Her husband was a rabbi in
Evansville, Indiana). Michael and Theodore were both in the
livestock business. Michael in Philadelhia and Theo in Chicago
where he was a cattle broker for over 75 years at the Union Stock
- Jacob had a son Michael LOEB
(d. Philadelphia, during World War 2).
Michael had a son David Joel LOEB.
David LOEB married Louise Traitel (from the New Rochelle, NY
area), and there were LOEBs in her family tree as well. Julius LOEB was Louise's
grandfather, and he came to own his father-in-law's farm in Covington,
Indiana in the 1850-60 time period (Julius' wife was Mary McMannomy, daughter
of John McMannomy). The farm has stayed in the family until very recently; in
fact, Nicholas LOEB's aunt, Alida LOEB, recently sold her partnership interest. David LOEB graduated from U. Penn. in 1909.
David's son Joel Traitel LOEB graduated from Princeton in 1937. lives in Philadelphia.
Joel has two children: Victoria Lousie LOEB BROWN (b. 1957) and
Nicholas H. LOEB (b. 1959) NickLOEB at aol.com graduated from Princeton in in 1981.
- Theo married Pauline GOLDSMITH (b. Reading, PA 12/18/1870, d. Chicago, IL
4/30/59) and had 2 sons, (Elmer GOLDSMITH LOEB
b. 10/21/1898, Chicago, IL., d. 6/24/72; and Stanford LOEB
b. June 14, 1906, Chicago, IL., d. 9/17/1965, m. Dolly Tobin, no
children). Stanford was a partner with Theo in T. LOEB &
Son for many years.
Elmer married Erna Alma SCHWARZ (b. New York City 5/6/1903, d. Long Beach,
CA 4/2/ 1993) Dec. 29, 1923 in New York City. He was for many
years one of the U.S. sales agents for Gilbey's Spey Royal
Scotch. and spent many years as a sales executive for several
wine & spirits companies in the Chicagoland area.
Elmer's only child is Jerome Herbert LOEB JL8301 at aol.com
who lives in Long Beach, CA, and was born May
21, 1928 in Chicago, IL.
November 25, 1951 Jerome married his childhood sweetheart (who
decided to marry him when she was 10) Flora Neugroschl in
Chicago, IL. They lived in San Francisco
the 1st year and their daughter, Francine Marjorie LOEB was
born there July 28, 1952. Their son, Jeffrey David (now,
Jawxillion) was born in Chicago, Oct. 4, 1955. They moved to California
in 1973. He was a sales executive and branch manager with World Book
Encyclopedia for 30 years, and an actor and producer.
- Jacob LOEB (son of Kalman),
born about 1801 in Mannheim, had to speak French (thanks to
Napoleon), inherited his father's tobacco plantation, married a
Henriette Kramer (daughter of Henriette de Kaskelle) from Nantes,
then came to America (circa 1825-1850) with wife and
children and bought
a large tobacco plantation in Kentucky.
Last name in Germany was Lob or LOEBe, changed spelling to LOEB in US.
The Civil War and
caused at least the sons to move to New York or Philadelphia (?) to set up undefined "shops".
It's possible that some of the grown children may have returned
- One daughter, Hannah, born in 1844, (adhering to
her roots, she married a Henry Tuck, originally Tuch, from Germany)
was the great grandmother of Richard Tuck and
Beth Petronis petronis at swcp.com (Albuquerque, NM)
who is now researching this family. All
of her informtion comes from an anedcotal letter written probably in the
1940's by one of the LOEB daughters as an elderly adult.
- Augustus LOEB immigrated with parents from Germany to US, later moved to Canada, import-export business.
His sons and some siblings lived in Pennsylvania.
- His son Archibald Edgar LOEB, Sr. (d. 1938) was born on boat coming over
from Germany. Ran his own business school in
- Air Force Major
Archilbald Edgar LOEB, Jr (b. 1928 Jersey City, NJ, d. 1991 Germantown, MD)
married Gloriann Gambriel LOEB (d. 1952)
Archibald LOEB remarried.
- Susan Carol LOEB sunni4u383 at aol.com
- Linda Rebecca LOEB
- Athlea Evelyn LOEB
- Robert Edgar LOEB, Sr. and Elizabeth Edith LOEB
- Edgar M. G. LOEB
Cassandra Ruth LOEB. They live in Palmyra, PA.
Edgar manages a retail store.
Children: Johnathan Craig Herndon LOEB (b. 1993)
and Brianna Elizabeth LOEB (b. 1991)
- Robert E. LOEB, Jr. r_LOEB at hotmail.com (Information Security Engineer / USG Contractor) married and divorced (2007) Jennifer
R. REYES. Presently serving in Iraq. Children (not from marriage):
Robert had another daughter:
- Rebecca Elizabeth LOEB
- Alexandria Renee LOEB
- Ethan Christopher LOEB
- Benjamin Alexander LOEB stationed on USS Kittyhawk
- David Mark (LOEB) WILLIAMS.
His mother Gloriann Gambriel LOEB died in a car wreck in 1952.
Her doctor arranged David's adoption at birth by
Juanita Rountree WILLIAMS. David lives in Albuquerque, NM.
He discovered the identity of his natural family through this website.
- Karren Cecile LOEB, graphic artist
married Lawrence WEISMAN. Lives Fairfax, Virginia.
Children: Leah Claire LOEB WEISMAN, Daniel Jon LOEB WEISMAN.
- Jonathan Lee LOEB married Rene Thomas. Son: Zane Thomas LOEB
- Bernardo Wilson LOEB (d. 2001). Eight children.
Remarried after his wife died of cancer.
- ??? LOEB married SCHRADER.
Son: Anthony SCHRADER firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lee H. LOEB
- Gerald Kingsley LOEB
- Blanche LOEB
- Beatrice LOEB
- Jacob LOEB (b. Hessen, Germany) son William LOEB
(b. 1843 Bechteim, Hessen, d. 1904 Chicago) son Maurice W.
LOEB (b. 1876 Chicago, d. 1928 Chicago) son Frederic
William LOEB (b. 1905 Chicago, d. 1984 Guthrie Center,
Iowa) daughter Frances Anne LOEB. Contact: Frances L. LUEBKE,
nfluebke at execpc.com,
18010 Continental Drive, Brookfield, WI 53045-1204, who has
self-published a book on my LOEB family which goes back to 1765 in Bechtheim, Germany. Also have information to that time period on LOEB
family from Abenheim, Germany. I am accumulating an extensive database of other LOEB families which are collateral to my direct line. This includes Philadelphia LOEBs
- Jacob LOEB
- Leopold LOEB, III (1824-1895, family originally Löb) married
Karoline LOEB (1834-1924, maiden name also LOEB).
Leopold, Karoline, and Jacob are buried together in the main cemetery
in Worms a/Rh Germany.
- Jacob LOEB, born January 6, 1857, died April 17, 1909, never married
- Rosa LOEB, born December 1857, married Julius ELIAS, of Zweibruecken
- Johanette (Nanchen) LOEB (Born November 30, 1858), married Otto FRANK
from Wuerzburg in 1882.
- Bertha LOEB married Max BLUM
- Frieda LOEB married Daniel KATZ of Darmstadt.
- Michael LOEB (Born January 28, 1862 in Abenheim) was a wine
merchant and took over his father Leopold's wine business.
Bertha REICHENBACH of Darmstadt.
They lived in Worms/aRh.
- Dr. Melita LOEB, dermatologist,
m. Justus SCHLESINGER. Immigrated with their son
to Palestine (now Israel).
Son: Michael SCHLESINGER
m. Ora KROLIK
- Lucie LOEB m. LIEBSCHUETZ.
- Erna Klara LOEB m. Arthur SCHWIEDER.
Children: Lota SCHWIEDER,
Egon SCHWIEDER, and
Renate SCHWIEDER m. Ronald ENKE.
- Jakob LOEB (1772/3-1865) adopted the family name under
Napoleonic rule in Altleiningen near Frankenthal (now
Rheinland-Pfalz) in 1808. He had many daughters and one son
Hermann LOEB (1813-1878). Contact: his
great-great-grandson Hans George HIRSCH,
6513 Kenhowe Drive, Bethesda, MD 20817.
- Jacques LOEB b. April 7, 1859,
Mayen, near Coblenz,
Ger. d. Feb. 11, 1924, Hamilton, Bermuda), German-born
U.S. biologist noted chiefly for his
experimental work on artificial parthenogenesis (reproduction without
fertilization). (Encyclopedia Judaica 22 Volume Set
XI p. 438.)
Jacques's brother Leo LOEB (b. 1869 Meyen, Germany, d. 1959) was a pathologist at Washington University in
St. Louis and a pioneer in cancer research.
(Encyclopedia Judaica 22 Volume Set
XI p. 440)
Leo LOEB married Georgianna SANDS, on January 3, 1922. Georgianna was about 51 at the
time. Georgianna was also a
physician and from Port Chester, NY. She was a descendant of Simeon BRADY who served in the American forces during the Revolutionary War
while his wife took care of their 10 children and had the farm raided by
Tory cowboys. Contact: Janet E. ASHCROFT janetashcroft at yahoo.com
Dr. Robert F. LOEB (b. 1895, d. 1973), first in his class at Harvard College and
Harvard Medical School. Devised first successful treatment of
A legendary physician and professor who was the chairman of Columbia's Department of Medicine from 1947 to 1960.
After completing medical school at Harvard and training in internal medicine at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Johns Hopkins Hospital, Loeb moved to Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, where he would spend 37 years until becoming an emeritus professor in 1960. In his early years at Columbia, Loeb spent much time in the laboratory, where his seminal studies of Addison's disease clarified how the adrenal gland and kidney maintained electrolyte balance in the body. With enormous ramifications for diabetes mellitus and many other diseases, Loeb's research, many believed, warranted a Nobel Prize. Meanwhile, Loeb climbed the academic ladder at Columbia, becoming the Bard Professor and Chairman of Medicine in 1947. He was often the first physician to arrive in the morning and spent many weekends on the wards, expanding his encyclopaedic knowledge of medicine, mentoring house officers and students, and paying extra visits to ward patients he had met during rounds. Loeb was for years the co-editor of the Cecil-Loeb Textbook of Medicine, the bible to generations of internists. In addition, Loeb had an uncanny ability to remember patients he had not seen in many years. In one case, he not only remembered a 35-year-old woman he had treated 25 years before when she was a child, but what bed she had been in and who her residents were. One former student called Loeb the “mentor of mentors” and credited him with his own “life-long dedication to scholarship and the pursuit of knowledge”.
- Janice Loeb, photographer
- Jean-Jacques LOEB, Mathematician,
University d'Angers, France
- Jehuda LOEB (b. about 1550 Worms)
- Jocob LOEB and Sara MAIR.
(Information on this branch from L.D.S. Files via Sally GRABER bsgraber at fidnet.com.)
- Isaak LOEB b. Dec 26, 1827 in Gemunden, Germany died 1899 in Sobernheim Germany. Married
Henriette FIEBELMAN November 12, 1853. Henriette was born March 26, 1828 in Stauderheim, Germany. Died March 23, 190l, Sobernheim, Germany.
- Leopold LOEB born 1854, Sobernheimk Bad Kreuznach, Germany and died 1930 at Sobernheim, Bad Kreuznach, Germany.
- Amelie LOEB, born 1861 in Sobernheim, Bad Kreuznach, Germany and died 1944 in Andover, Germany.
- Johann LOEB (b. 1884) m. Katherina GROPP (b. 1881).
- Anna LOEB
- Else LOEB
- Luise LOEB (b. 1919) m. Karl MONTAG.
Grandparents of Larry
- John R. LOEB, Jr. CBE, US Ambassador to Denmark 1995,
Office 5th Ave New York
- John Jacob LOEB, wrote Seems Like Old Times 1946 with Carmen Lombardo.
- Joseph (Jeph) LOEB III,
American comic book writer. Worked on X-Men,
Superman, Batman and Spider-Man.
- Jozef LOEB married (about 1820 Oberwezel) Regina HEYMAN
- Isaac LOEB (b. 17 Feb. 1824 Oberwezel, d. 24 Oct. 1887 Amsterdam)
m. (May 1853 Elberfeld) Marianne FRANCK. Moved to Amsterdam around 1867.
- Otto LOEB (b. 20 May 1854 Elberfeld, d. 11 June 1934 Hilversum, Netherlands)
m. (29 May 1888 Bonn) Pauline LOB (b. 23 July 1857, d. 22 Feb. 1937 Hilversum, Netherlands)
- Paul LOEB (b. 9 Apr. 1889 Amsterdam, d. 31 Aug. 1964 Haarlem, Netherlands)
m. Aemilia BALLERINI (b. 9 Aug. 1892 Trieste, Italy, d. 25 Apr. 1978 Bloemendaal, Netherlands).
Known as LOEB VAN ZUILENBURG.
- Pauline LOEB (b. 26 July 1921 Amsterdam, d. 10 Feb. 1966 Haarlem)
m. Tjebbo DE KONINGH. Four children.
- Emy Yolanda Emma Gabina LOEB (b. 19 Feb. 1923 Amsterdam) m. Joan BACKER.
- Dr. Paul Enea Otto Francesco LOEB VAN ZUILENBURG (b. 6 Oct. 1926 Amsterdam)
loebz at worldonline.co.za m. Petra SMIT.
Emigrated to Republic of South Africa (1954). They live in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
- Paul LOEB VAN ZUILENBURG, Jr. (b. 10 May 1966 South Africa)
m. Elise OLIVIER.
Children: Paul LOEB VAN ZUILENBURG, 3rd (b. 2 Sep. 1996 Durban, South Africa),
Louise LOEB VAN ZUILENBURG (b. Jan. 2001 Durban, South Africa)
- Ernst LOEB (b. 3 May 1891 Niewer Amstel, d. 11 Aug. 1955
first married Gertrude NEERVOORT v. d. Poll.
Remarried Marjorie SIMPSON.
- Hendrik LOEB (b. 20 July 1921 Haarlem, d. 21 May 1943 Sobibor, Poland)
- Alice LOEB (b. 27 Dec. 1920 Haarlem, d. 29 Dec. 2005
Grasse, France) first married Rene GUILLEMIN.
Remarried John STRUGNELL. Four children.
- Karin LOEB (b. 25 July 1932 Haarlem, Netherlands) email@example.com
- Adolf LOEB (b. 7 Mar. 1894 Neiuwer Amstel, d. 11 June 1947 Bloemendaal, Netherlands) m. Maria EDELMANN.
Lived in the US between 1938 and 1946.
- Otto LOEB VAN MAARSBERG (b. 2 Mar 1919 Amsterdam). Emigrated to U.S.A. in 1946. Five children.
- Hans LOEB (b. 14 Feb. 1923 Amsterdam, d. 19 Feb. 1957 Amsterdam)
- Mathilde LOEB (b. 15 Dec. 1855 Elberfeld, d. 1935 Koln) m. SIMONS. No children.
- Adolf LOEB (b. 13 July 1857 Elberveld, Germany, d. 14 Jan. 1907 Amsterdam) m. Henriette WICHERS. No children.
- Rudolf LOEB (b. 11 Jan. 1865 Elberfeld, d. 11 Aug. 1917 Madrid)
m. Aemilia BALLERINI.
- Edgardo LOEB (b. 9 Aug. 1914 San Sebastian, Spain, d. 11 Aug. 1917 Madrid, Spain)
- Marianita LOEB (b. 11 Apr. 1916 Madrid, Spain, d. 4 Sep. 1998 Bloementaal, Netherlands)
married (1935 Hilversum, Netherlands) Arnold W. H. A. BIJVOET.
They had seven children.
- Julius LOEB m. Lena Strasburger
Contact: Maximillian's grandson's wife J. DECKER
- Maximillian LOEB (b. 14 Nov 1877 in Mannheim, Germany,
d. 11 Feb. 1919 Hattiesburg, Mississippi)
married Frances Ella WELCH married 18 May 1915 in Papides Parish,
- Julius Julian LOEB. Family has been in New Orleans area since 1870s.
Family immigrated from Germany or Alsace/Lorraine to New York around 1800s.
May be related to the LOEB's in Memphis.
- Sigmund Julius LOEB
- Hilbert Sampson LOEB
- David Charles (Chaim Yonkel) LOEB
- Steven Bernard (Shiah Bare) LOEB
- Lawrence A. LOEB, Director,
Program, University of Washington
- Lazarus LOEB married Elizabeth SUSSEL
- Jeanette (Johanna) LOEB (b. 1850 Hassloch, Rheinland/Pfalz,
Germany) m. (30 Nov. 1874 Reilngen, Germany) Salomon BRODA II.
- Lazarus LOEB
Flora LOEB married (1877 Philadelphia)
Max SCHOENFELD (b. 12 Jan. 1849 Kreis Chodziesen, Posen, d. 27 Sep. 1911 Meran).
After 13 years in the United States, Max settled 1875 in St. Gallen and
with Jacob LOEB (b. 1835 or 1836 Bavaria) and David SCHOENFELD (b. 1850 or 1851)
founded the embroidery wholesale business
LOEB & SCHOENFELD.
In 1882, he bought the mill in Rorschach (Switzerland on the Lake Constance)
and built it up into worldwide largest machine embroidery company.
In 1880 Jacob Loeb, born Bavaria, age 44, was living in Cheltenham, Montgomery County,
Pennsylvania with his nephew Louis Loeb, also born in Bavaria, age 26, and with Max Schoenfeld,
born in Prussia, age 29. All three were listed in the US Census of that year as "Importer White
Goods." David Schoenfeld was also born in Germany, although he seems to have immigrated
somewhat later than his partners.
The business moved to 27 W. 23rd St. around 1915. Their
sign is still visible on the back end of the building which runs through to 24th St.
Additional production facilities were added in the early 20th century in Camden, New Jersey
and Glenham, New York.
Louis Loeb (nephew to the original Jacob Loeb), vice-president and treasurer, died age 64 in 1917.
David Schoenfeld continued as president until around 1925 when they left this location and settled at
1123 Broadway. They went out of business a few years later.
Contact: Heino STROBEL firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leo LOEB, Banker, married Sophie FRANK
daughter of Sacharja FRANK (Banker from Landau, Palatinate
who bought the majestic
House. Leo and Sophie were grandparents of the
famous Anne FRANK (d. 1945 Auschwitz) author of The Diary of a Young Girl
- Leon LOEB (b. Strasbourg around 1830). Arrived in Los Angeles around 1855-1860 as a trader.
Later he joined STERN and Cahn (German-Prussian pioneers in California) to create a store in
Los Angeles (which had only 5000 inhabitants at that point).
He was French consul in Los Angeles for a period of 11 years.
Leon married Estelle Newmark, daughter of Haris NEWMARK (b. 5 July 1834)
and Sarah NEWMARK. (Harris and Sarah were cousins.
Sixty Years in Southern California which gives the
details of his childhood & chronicles the lives of early angelinos from 1853 to 1913.)
- Joseph LOEB. Joseph and his brother Edwin
founded (1909) LOEB & LOEB multinational
law firm in Los Angeles. Specialties include entertainment and real
- Edwin LOEB married Bessie BRENNER
and had two daughters Marge and Virginia.
They were later divorced.
- Marge LOEB (d.) was never married.
She wrote the delightful children's book Checkers.
- Virginia LOEB (d.) married Wesley SCOTT (d.),
a lithographer, and
settled in Santa Monica where they had six children.
- Margie SCOTT married David BECKETT of Glendale, CA and had four children: BJ, Jenifer, Scott and
Heather. Most live in Portland Oregon.
- John SCOTT is unmarried and still resides in Santa Monica.
- Robin SCOTT married Andrew COLLINS.
They live in the La Cañada-Flintdridge.
Children: Kevin COLLINS, Brian COLLINS, Kate COLLINS,
Michael COLLINS, Robin Marie COLLINS
- Joan SCOTT
joan at yahoo.com
married GRAHAM Phaup of Selkirk, Scotland, and
they live in Camden, Maine with their two children:
Christina and Alistair.
- Beverly SCOTT also resides in Camden.
- David SCOTT
scotts at hiwaay.net
married Liz and lives in Hartselle, Alabama
with their two children: Cheryl SCOTT and
Much of the family is artistic or (literally) rocket scientists.
- Leopold LOEB (b. 1826 Pfaffenbehrfurt, Germany, d. Frankfurt am Main, Germany)
m. Adelheid (b. Darmstadt, near Frankfurt, d. Frankfurt)
- Nachum LOEB (b. Pfaffenbehrfurt, Germany, d. Frankfurt) m.
Deborah (b. Germany, d. Frankfurt)
- Edith LOEB (b. Frankfurt, d. Israel) m. Josef MEIER (b. Germany, d. Israel).
They probably had 2 children.
- Sarah (Mausi) LOEB (b. 1859 Germany, d. 1945 Frankfurt?) m.
Siegmund RODELHEIMER (b. Germany, d. Frankfurt?).
- Arthur LOEB (b. Frankfurt) married. 1 daughter.
- Leo LOEB (b. Frankfurt, d. New Castle, U.K.)
changed name to Leo RODNEY in England.
Married Lore (b. Frankfurt, d. New Castle, U.K.). No children.
- Marianne LOEB (b. Frankfurt, d. San Francisco)
m. Arthur KAHN (b. Germany, d. New York?).
- Harry KAHN (b. 1919 Frankfurt)
m. Olga NAGY (b. 1920 Budapest, Hungary).
They live in San Francisco and has a son and a daughter?
- Walter KAHN (b. Frankfurt) first wife died. Remarried.
They live on Staten Island, New York.
- Liesel KAHN (b. 1915? Frankfurt)
m. Morris KAPLAN (b. Brooklyn). They live in Brooklyn.
Children: Nancy KAPLAN and Suzanne KAPLAN both born during the
- 3 more children
- Naftalie LOEB (b. Germany, d. Frankfurt) m.
Sarah (Saire) STIEBEL (b. Frankfurt, d. Frankfurt).
- Leo LOEB (b. 1880s? Frankfurt, d. 1960s Florida) m.
Herta Blumenthal (b. Germany, d. Florida). No children.
- Adi LOEB (b. 1890s Frankfurt, d. 1960s? Los Angeles)
m. Ike GRUNEBAUM (b. Germany, d. 1950s? Los Angeles).
They had a son and a daughter?
- Esther LOEB (b. Germany, d. 1934 Frankfurt)
m. Karl PESSEL (b. Frankfurt, d. 1932 Aachen, Germany).
- Ernst PESSEL (b. 1890s Frankfurt, d. in his 20s Frankfurt)
- Leo PESSEL (b. 2 Feb. 1893 Frankfurt, 14 Feb. 1967 Hollywood, Florida)
m. Erna SIMON (b. 1900 Elbertfeld, Germany, d. 1976? Hollywood, Florida).
Son: Ernst PESSEL (b. 16 Jan. 1925 Frankfurt,
died on D-Day 6 June 1944 fighting for the U.S. Army during the invasion of
- Adi PESSEL (b. 20 June 1894 Frankfurt, d. 9 June Buenos Aires, Argentina)
m. Pelham ZADIK (b. 22 Sep. 1891 Guatemala, d. 2 Apr. 1929 Hamburg, Germany).
Adi remarried Salomon (Sally) FRIEDEBERG
(b. 3 May 1887 Krasnik, Poland, d. 4 Apr. 1959 Buenos Aires).
- Leonard PESSEL (twin b. 24 Oct. 1896 Frankfurt, d. 22 June 1947 Washington, Pennsylvania)
m. Margaret HANAU (b. 7 Dec. 1901 Washington, Pennsylvania, d. 3 Dec. 1954
Children: Annie PESSEL and Ruth PESSEL (twins born 5 Dec. 1924 Washington,
Pennsylvania), Ernst-Paul PESSEL (b. 24 Oct. 1926 Washington, Pennsylvania),
and Esther PESSEL (b. 2 Aug. 1934 Washington, Pennsylvania)
- Johanna (Hansi) PESSEL (twin b. 24 Oct. 1896 Frankfurt, d. 13 Apr. 1985 New York)
m. Hans SOLOMON (b. 18 Feb. 1895 Frankfurt, d. 30 Oct. 1959 New York).
- Ernst (Ernie) SOLOMON (b. 14 June 1923 Dusseldorf, Germany)
m. and div. Ruth COULTER (b. 29 May 1925 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania).
Children: Alan SOLOMON (b. 9 Nov. 1955 London, U.K.) and
Eve SOLOMON (b. 22 Apr. 1957 Tokyo, Japan).
Ernst remarried Yae KANEKO (b. 21 Feb. 1933 Tokyo, d. 3 Feb. 2000 Tokyo).
- Martin LOEB (b. 28 May 1870 Pfaffenbehrfurt, Germany, d. 10 Dec. 1934 Berlin)
m. Adele (Adi) MEYER (b. 20 May 1877 Halberstadt, Germany, d. 14 Aug. 1955 New York, New York)
- Heinz Erich LOEB (b. 22 Nov. 1907 Frankfurt, d.).
Heinz changed his name to Eric Henry LAWRENCE and compiled this family tree while working on
He married Marketa REICHOVA (b. 3 June 1908 Teplice, Czechoslovakia,
d. 27 Apr. 1995 Scottsdale, Arizona).
- Steven Charles LAWRENCE (b. 3 Nov. 1945 New York, New York)
m. and div. Sandra (Sandy) DENT (b. Butler, Pennsylvania).
Children: Eric Charles LAWRENCE (b. 19 Aug. 1969 San Francisco, California)
and Matthew Steven LAWRENCE (b. 29 Feb. 1974 Denver, Colorado).
Steven remarried Dr. Ellen LEWIS, M.D. (b. 19 Mar. 1951 Oberlin, Ohio).
Steven remarried Irena LEDESMA.
- Nancy Amy LAWRENCE (b. 10 Sep. 1947 New York, New York)
m. Clifford Harold FENWO D.V.M. (b. 25 Nov. 1946 Colorado Springs, CO).
- Jody Lee FENWO (b. 8 Dec. 1970 Caldwell, Idaho)
m. Kevin DRAGER (b. 25 Feb. 1969 Fort Collins, Colorado)
- Darrell Clifford FENWO (b. 16 Dec. 1972 Salida, Colorado)
m. Dionne SEWALD (b. 24 Mar. 1971 Denver, Colorado)
- Rudy Herbert LAWRENCE (b. 1 Jan. 1912 Frankfurt)
m. Giesela QUITZAU (b. 6 Dec. 1914 Elberfeld, Germany, d. 17 Mar. 2001 New York City).
- Julius LOEB (b. Frankfurt, d. early 1940s New York City)
m. Hermine (b. Germany, d. 1950s Cleveland, Ohio).
- Bernard LOEB (b. Frankfurt, d. 1960 Toronto) emigrated as a very young man, probably
before 1900 to Toronto, Canada. Married Alice (b. on a farm in Canada, d. 1959 Toronto).
Children: Martin LOEB and a daughter both born in Toronto.
- Leopold "George" LOEB (to US in 1860. Went to Stanton, Virginia and
then back to Philadelphia in 1871 and became a member of
Strouse, Loeb & Co., wholesale clothiers in 1872)
(b. 28 Jul 1844, Bechtheim, Rhein-Hessen, Germany)
occupation Strouse, Loeb & Co., Wholesale Clothiers.
Married (1872) Rosetta WOLF
(b. ca 1854, Uhlrichsville, OH)
- Cora LOEB (b. ca 1873, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
m. Clinton G MAYER (b. ca 1872, Indiana)
- Clinton MAYER (b. 29 Apr 1898, Pennsylvania, d. Nov 1989)
m. Anna Louise GRIEL
- Margaret MAYER (b. ca 1900)
- Elinor MAYER (b. ca 1902)
- Benjamin LOEB (b. ca 1875)
(not married and living in Manhattan in 1920)
- Estella LOEB (b. ca 1876)
- Leopold LOEB, III (b. 7 May 1839, d. 29 Feb. 1912 leap day)
married Rebekka MAYER (b. 12 Aug. 1839, d. 4 Apr. 1899).
Both were buried in Grunstadt.
- Julius LOEB
- Ernst LOEB left for America.
- Berthold LOEB (b. 7 Feb. 1882 Grunstadt, d. Oct. 1943 Auschwitz)
m. Adrienne BRUNSCHWIG
(b. 13 June 1884 Altkirch, d. Oct. 1943 Auschwitz).
They were deported to Auschwitz 7 October 1943 with
- Frederic LOEB (b. 11 Dec. 1907, d. 19 Aug. 1953 Lille)
- Paul Leopold LOEB (b. 5 March 1914 Bad Durkheim, d. 6 Feb. 2003
Geneva) married Marie-Jeanne LAROZE (b. 22 Oct. 1914, d. 7 Jan.
- Jean LOEB (b. 1 March 1920 Ludwigshaffen, Germany, d. 23 June 2005).
- Pascal LOEB email@example.com
(b. 9 April 1958)
first married Patricia DEMORA.
Children: Frédéric LOEB (b. 23 Feb. 1978),
Michaël LOEB (b. 18 Oct. 1979),
Joachim LOEB (b. 10 May 1981), and
Abigaëlle LOEB (b. 14 July 1982).
Pascal LOEB now
lives in Villeneuve
d'Ascq, France with Marie-Lise MAILLE.
Children: Nathanaël LOEB (b. 14 Dec. 1989).
- Julius LOEB
- 11 other children...
- LOEB LEVY (HERTZ) ...was deceased by 1799.. m. Fraulen and had 3 kids:
- Liebman (Hertz) LOEB b. 1776
- Jonas LOEB (1770-1832) b. Hinzweiler d. Hinzweiler
Jonas was married twice:
1st wife - Frommet MOSES (1774 - ca. 1808) b. Kappeln married 4 Feb 1798
in Hinzweiler....had 4 kids:
2nd wife - Judith MERKLE, sister of Frommet MOSES (MERKLE)...b. 1782 in
married Jonas LOEB ca. 1809 & had 5 kids:
- Marquel (Markus) LOEB - 27 Aug 1800....Hinzweiler
- Herz (Jonas) LOEB - 7 Jun 1802.....Hinzweiler
- Marianna (Jonas) LOEB - 1805 ...Hinzweiler... married Goetschlick (Gottschalk) Michel on 13 Feb 1828 in Merxheim,
Germany. (g-g-g-greatgrandmother of Paul Michel plmichel at ix.netcom.com)
- Esther LOEB - 12 Jul 1808.....Hinzweiler
- Moses LOEB 2 Apr 1810.....Hinzweiler
- Eva (Caroline) LOEB - 18 Feb 1812 .....Hinzweiler.. married to Abraham Lob SENDER
(g-g-g-greatgrandfather of Paul MICHEL plmichel at ix.netcom.com)
from Soetern on 11 Apr 1843 in Soetern....Eva died 30 May 1905 in Soetern.
- Elisebetra LOEB (b. 31 Jan 1817 Hinzweiler)
- Isaac LOEB (24 Jun 1819 Hinzweiler)
- Jud Nathan LOEB - 15 Oct 1821....Hinzweiler...d. 16 Feb
- Sara LEVY (Hertz) LOEB b. 1778 in Hinzweiler
- Lex LOEB Libertarian candate running on the Republican
ticket for Bob PACKWOOD's seat. In a
homemade video, he said
"All these extinct species are living it up at our expense."
- Lisa Anne LOEB (born 11 March, 1968 in Bethesda, Maryland, United States) is a singer-songwriter.
Lisa LOEB attended The Hockaday School in Dallas, Texas, one of the top rated private boarding schools in the United States.
After graduating in 1986, she went to Brown University where she graduated in 1990 with a degree in comparative literature.
She is the first and only unsigned artist to have a number one hit on the American charts, with the song Stay (I Missed You),
featured on the soundtrack to the movie Reality Bites and later released on her debut album Tails.
Her band Nine Stories is named after the J. D. SALINGER collection.
Lisa LOEB was discovered by actor and friend Ethan HAWKE, who lived in an apartment next to her in New York City.
Before contributing Stay to Reality Bites, Lisa LOEB had developed a following from her acoustic performances in a
New York City coffeehouse. Originally a duet act with another woman Elizabeth MITCHELL,
the albums Liz and Lisa and Liz and Lisa - Days Were Different were released independently,
as was a solo project called The Purple Tape.
Though Stay was her break-through song, Lisa LOEB has successful radio hits with other songs from Tails
including Do You Sleep?, Taffy and Waiting For Wednesday.
The song Hurricane was contributed to the soundtrack for the film Twister.
Tails was released in 1994 and achieved platinum status.
In 1997 a sophomore album called Firecracker was released. Though critically praised it did not have the commercial success of Tails,
though the single I Do was popular on radio and music television. At this point Lisa LOEB
also dropped her support band Nine Stories. The single Let's Forget About It was also released.
Lisa LOEB did not return to studio recording until 2002's Cake and Pie. The album was a commercial failure and
did not receive any major backing or promotion from her record label. She was eventually dropped,
and she bought the rights to the masters of the songs from that album. It was re-released independently in late 2002 with the songs
rearranged and some deletions/additions. New packaging was also featured, and it was retitled Hello Lisa.
In 2003 a children's album, called Catch the Moon,
was independently released.
Lisa LOEB also dabbles in the acting field. Her debut was in a guest appearance on the television show The Nanny in 1997.
She played the voice of a newborn baby in The Rugrats Movie in 1998, and in 1999 was featured as a news reporter in the
horror film House on Haunted Hill. 2004 will see the release of the film Serial Killing 4 Dummies
which featured Lisa LOEB in her largest acting role yet.
On January 16, 2004, her television show Dweezil & Lisa first aired on Food Network, in which she shared title billing with her
longtime boyfriend Dweezil ZAPPA.
In early Summer 2004, Loeb announced that her relationship with Dweezil ZAPPA was over.
Lisa LOEB also was featured as the voice of Mary-Jane Watson in the MTV produced animated show Spider-Man.
In 2004, Lisa LOEB changed record labels once again, due to a lack of promotion from her former label Artemis Records,
and was signed to the small independent label Zoe/Rounder and her latest album entitled The Way It Really Is,
was released August 2004. The album is Lisa LOEB's fifth studio recorded album.
External link: Lisa LOEB's Official Site
- Ludwig LOEB (b. Durkeim, d. before 1870) married Helena BRANDES (b. 1 Aug. 1799 Durkeim, d. after 1880)
daughter of Rabbi Mosche Abraham Ben Schimon Ha Levi BRANDES (b. 1766 Furth, d. 13 Aug. 1819 Bingen am Rhein)
and Johanna (Channa) BRANDEIS-HELLER (b. 1784 Bad Durkheim)
Contact: Janet AKAHA firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jacob LOEB (b. Apr. 1826 Bingen am Rhein) m. (around 1855)
Johanna GOLDSMITH (b. May 1833 Nurnberg, Bavaria).
- Jefferson LOEB (b. around 1855)
- Louis LOEB (b. 1856)
- Samuel Jacob LOEB (b. 15 June 1858 Cincinnati, Ohio, d. 14 June 1927 Cincinnati, Ohio) m. (1902)
Josie F. HENLE (b. 1878 Mississippi)
- Belle LOEB (b. 1867 Cincinnati, Ohio, d. 1931)
- Isaac J. LOEB (b. 15 Aug. 1868 Cleveland, Ohio, d. 30 Apr. 1947 Cleveland, Ohio) m.
- Pauline LOEB (b. 1871)
- Simon J. LOEB (b. Oct 1872 Cincinnati, Ohio, d. 9 June 1943 Cincinnati, Ohio)
m. Rose L. LOEB
- Celia LOEB (b. 1875) m. (1 Feb. 1905 Hamilton, Ohio) Karl MICHAEL
- Leopold LOEB (b. 28 Dec. 1830 Bingen am Rhein, d. 2 June 1917 Fort Wayne, Allen, Indiana)
m. Sarah HART (b. 4 Jan. 1837 Chillicothe, Ohio, d. 10 Jan. 1914 Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Louis LOEB (b. Jan. 1862 Ohio, d. 16 June 1919 Fort Wayne, Allen, Indiana)
m. Corrine F. LEWIN (b. 2 Oct. 1869 Aberdeen, Mississippi, d. 4 July 1951 New York, New York).
- Sylvia LOEB (b. Sep. 1899, d. 1983) m. Herbert WEIL (b. 17 Oct. 1888, d. 1960).
One daughter. Two grandchildren.
- Lawrene A. LORING (b. 19 July 1904 New York, New York, d. before 1934).
One son. Four grandchildren.
- Elizabeth Vera I. LOEB (b. Mar. 1893, d. 1991) married STERN.
- Matilda LOEB (b. 20 Nov. 1865 Cincinatti, Ohio, d. 1965 Fort Wayne, Allen, Indiana)
m. Louis STIEFFEL (b. 13 Oct. 1861, Auburn, DeKalb, Indiana, d. 22 Apr. 1929 Fort Wayne, Allen, Indiana).
Two children. Five grandchildren. Ten great-grandchildren.
- Max (Moritz) LOEB (b. Oct. 1867) m.
Ruth MORITZ (b. 5 Apr. 1882 New York, d. July 1963 New York, New York)
- Robert Moritz LOEB (b. 12 May 1904 New York, d. Jan. 1984 New Rochelle, New York)
m. (13 Jan. 1929 New York, New York)
Hortense R. HERZOG (b. 15 Sep. 1909 New York, d. 15 Mar. 2000 New Rochelle, New York).
- Jacob LOEB (b. Dec. 1869).
- Alvin LOEB (b. ca. 1906 Ohio)
- Adolph LOEB (b. 20 June 1875 Cincinnati, Ohio, d. 22 Nov. 1917 Cincinnati, Ohio)
m. Daisy F. LOWENSTEIN (b. 1878).
- Alice Lea LOEB (b. 1907, d. 1994)
- Bertha LOEB (b. ca. 1879 Ohio)
- Adolph LOEB (b. 9 Mar. 1839 Bingen, Hesse Darmstadt) m.
Lucilla HART (b. 18 Mar. 1847 Leesburg, Ohio)
- Minnie LOEB (b. ca. 1865 Tennessee)
- Leo LOEB (b. ca. 1867 Tennessee)
- Bertha LOEB (b. 1875 Memphis, Tennessee) m. (5 Sep. 1925 Mackinac Island, Michigan)
Carl LANG (b. 1878 Carlsbad, Germany)
- Cora LOEB (b. 28 Aug. 1872 Memphis, Tennessee, d. 3 Oct. 1936 Chicago, Illinois)
m. Harry PFLAUM
- Simeon LOEB (b. ca. 1873)
- Erma LOEB (b. 4 Mar. 1876 Chicago, Illinois)
- Arthur LOEB (b. 13 Mar. 1879)
- Ludwig LOEB (b. 26 Sep. 1873) m. Martha STOCKMANN (b. 22 Apr. 1894).
He left Berlin, German in 1936 to Paris.
Contact: Ludwig's granddaughter
Sabine ZENZOLA email@example.com
- Erika LOEB m. (1944 Switzerland) Jean DE MONMOLLIN (b. 1914, d. 1984)
- Monique-Olive DE MONTMOLLIN (b. 1946)
- David DE MONTMOLLIN (b. 1948)
- Marion LOEB married Arthur DANNENBERG born 1891
died 1990 in Philadelphia. (Contact David BLANK rmjb at netvision.net.il)
- Marshall LOEB, editor of Columbia Journalism Review, editor, author and broadcast
commentator and columnist for Fortune.
- Martin LOEB (b. Canada, d. early 1980s Wisconsin)
m. Dorothy WALKER (b. 1910 Toronto, d. 2002 Wisconsin)
moved to US around 1935. Martin's sister is Nora LOEB.
- Roger M. LOEB, (b. 1941), Colorado
- Roger G. LOEB (b. 1971) m. (2002) Amy STAVES.
They live in Atlanta, George. Son: Mason R. LOEB (b. 2008).
- Remy M. LOEB (b. 1980)
married Nickolas WILLER. They live in Superior, Colorado.
Son: T. J. WILLER.
- Peter LOEB (b. 1945 Santa Monica, CA)
m. (1967) and div. Kathleen M. McCLOSKY.
- Lisa K. LOEB, Ph.D. (b. 1968 Ann Arbor, Michigan),
research director, University of California at San Francisco
School of Medicine. Lisa married
(2007) Peter STANGA. They live in Berkeley, California.
Child: Benjamin STANGA (b. 2008 Berkeley, California.)
- Jeffrey P. LOEB (b. 1972 St. Louis, Missouri)
married (1999) Cristen GAZLAY, Director of Operations - Pantages Theatre (Los Angeles), resides in Valley Glen,
Children: Cady E. LOEB (b. 2003, Los Angeles, California),
Connor J. LOEB (b. 2004, Los Angeles, California),
Caroline G. LOEB (b. 2007, Los Angeles, California)
and Cameron W. LOEB (b. 2011 Los Angeles, California)
- Eric LOEB, Eric LOEB Studios, New York
- Gregory LOEB, Santa Barbara, California
- Mary Magdaline (LOEB) KLEIN died Thursday, January 10 (1952) of virus
pneumonia in a St. Paul hospital. She had been hospitalized only a short while and before that lived with her daughter, Mrs. Ted BERGERon in St. Paul. At the time of her death she was 96 years, 6 months and 2 days old.
Mary Magdaline LOEB was born July 8, 1855, a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. LOEB, pioneer farmers of Odell, ILL. Her girlhood was spent on a farm in that state. She had three sisters and three brothers. Only one brother, Joe LOEB, survives.
In 1872 she married Franklin KLEIN. They were the parents of 14 children; two daughters dying in infancy. The eight sons and four daughters who survive are Matt, Minneapolis; Fred, Battle Lake; George, Tracy; Mrs. John Stowell, (Anna), Tracy; Frank, Minneapolis; Mrs. John Helmberger, (Mary), Perham, Minn.; Walter, Perham; Leo, Tracy; Mrs. Ted BERGERon, (Hattie), St. Paul; David, St. Paul; Herbert, St. Paul; and Mrs. Joe Mogley, (Kate), Sumner, Utah.
Besides her children, she was survived by 112 grandchildren, 151 great grandchildren, and 17 great great grandchildren - or 292 living descendants, and also their wives, husbands, her brother and wife, nieces and nephews.
Mrs. KLEIN and her husband farmed just north of Tracy 30 years ago. They celebrated their golden wedding anniversary in 1922, at the home of their son, Matt, at Lake Shetek. Mr. KLEIN died 17 years ago, in 1935.
Contact: Jeanette REITER genealogyjr at hotmail.com
- LOEB married Anita DANNENBERG born 1913 in
Eberfeld, Germany now
living in Israel. (Contact David BLANK rmjb at netvision.net.il)
- Meir or Moritz LOEB
who lived in the early XIX century in Lemberg, Galicia,
then in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and now L' viv, Ukraine.
- Joseph LOEB, a timber trader present in Budapest, Hungary, who moved to Trieste,
then the most important harbor of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
- Ana LOEB, born in Budapest in 1857 (?) who died in Tuscany where the family had moved during World War II.
She was in the fur business.
- Margit (Margareth) LOEB, my paternal grand mother, born in 1885 in Agram (now Zagreb, Croatia), who, being a
fur stylist, kept her mother's surname. Margit was a real fashion artist, so her son kept her LOEB surname too.
Contact: Margit's grandson
- Messod LOEUB, the descendant of a Polish Rabbi LOEB emigrated to North Africa to
strengthen the Jewish community.
He found a strong jewish community and decided to marry and settle in Morocco.
Nom d'appararition récente au Maroc, la tradition de cette famille rapporte
que 3 frères originaires d'Alsace arrivèrent au Maroc au 18eme siècle. Les
autorités craignant qu'il ne s'agisse d'espions européens, les dispersèrent
dans 3 ports : Mogador, Safi et Azemour.
Autres formes du nom : Eleb et LOEB-BELLicha.
au XXieme siècle le nom très peu répandu était porté au Maroc (Mogador et
Casablanca) et en Algérie (Alger).
- Messaouda LOEUB m. Isaac ZIRY.
Children: Prosper ZIRY, Suzanne ZIRY, Raymonde ZIRY,
- Itzhak LOEUB m. Hanina KADOSH
- Fiby LOEUB
- Rachel LOEUB
- Suzy LOEUB m. Jacques VARBURG. Children: Robert VARBURG, Elie VARBUG
- Perla LOEUB m. Everett IMHOFF. Son: James IMHOFF
- Joseph LOEUB m. Perla LEVY.
Children: Jacky LOEUB,
Elie LOEUB firstname.lastname@example.org,
Stella LOEUB m. ATTAR,
Ora LOEUB, Mimi LOEUB m. MELROVITCH,
Annie LOEUB m. KROLZER and Simon LOEUB
- Haim LOEUB m. Simi STEGASSY. Daughter: Rebecca LOEUB m. LEVY
- Madeleine LOEUB
- Maurice LOEUB m. Jeannine. Children: Olivier LOEUB and Anne LOEUB
- Hnina LOEUB (d. 1954 Mogador) married Haim AMAR.
- Fiby (Phoebe) AMAR m. Ephraim SABBAH son of Mimoun SABBAH
and Ouali. Children: Raymonde SABBAH,
(b. 26 March 1925, Mogador, Essaouira-Morocco),
Michel SABBAH, Prosper SABBAH, Henry SABBAH, Paulette SABBAH
- Baba AMAR
- Reina AMAR m. Messod BITTON
- Moise AMAR
- Yehouda AMAR
- Nissim LOEUB
- Perla LOEUB
- Albert LOEUB. Son: Max LOEUB
- Meyer LEVI (Meyer Löb) (b. late 18th century, Schupbach
near Limburg a/Lahn) 3-great-grandfather of Peter S. WYANT, 116
Mikkelson Drive, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada S4T 6R5.
- Meyer LOEB changed his name to Meyer KISSINGER in 1817 after the city of
Bad Kissingen, Germany. Meyer was the great-great-grandfather of
(born Heinz Alfred KISSINGER 27 May 1923) son of Louis KISSINGER (1887-1982)
and Paula STERN (1901-1998).
- Meyer LOEB (aka Aron WEISS), Essingen (Rheinpfalz,
Germany), great-great-grandfather of Ivan A. Wolff,
124 Weldy Avenue, Oreland, PA 19075-1244.
Graduate student, Duke University
- Michel LOEB b. Boppard in 1836.
- Siblings: He had seven siblings,
5 of whom died in infancy.
- Moïses LOEB was born in 1842, probably
in Boppard, and in 1869 married Clara ADLER (born in Lahnstein).
- Hermann LOEB was born in Boppard in 1844.
- Son Jakob (Julius) LOEB (b. 1867 Boppard, Germany (a
small town on the Rhine between Düsseldorf and Frankfurt)). He had
five siblings, and we know the details about them.
- Grandson Walter M. LOEB (b. 16 Aug. 1913 Düsseldorf, Germany,
d. 24 Sep. 2000 Houston, Texas) married
to the United States in 1934, settling in New York. He had no
siblings. Retired from Conoco, Inc., he was very active in Boy Scouts both in
Germany and in Houston, having received the silver Beaver Award.
Former volunteer for SEARCH, M.D. Anderson Hospital Blood Program,
Juvenile Probation Officer, active supporter of Seven Acres,
Jewish Childrens Regional Services in New Orleans, the Holocaust Museum of Houston.
He was affectionately known by his family as "Poobah".
After retirement, Walter and Florence enjoyed traveling together all over the world on many different ships.
- Douglas LOEB
- Michael P. LOEB m. Eva.
Michael has complete information about this branch.
MLOEB2 at aol.com,
8011 Duffield Lane, Houston, TX 77071.
- Jonathan L. LOEB m. Cynthia
- Greatgrandchildren: Jay LOEB, fields application engineer,
Philips Semiconductors, Houston, Texas, b. June 29, 1968, Houston. And
Julie B. LOEB b. February 16, 1971.
- Milton B. LOEB (b. 1887) lawyer,
founded Brillo Manufacturing Company.
- Moche LOEB married Bida.
- Isaac LOEB, Musician, Morocco.
- Morris LOEB. His father was named LEIBOWITZ. When they
moved to the US (~1904), Morris changed his name to LOEB. His
brother the cantor kept the name LEIBOWITZ, and his brother Sam took the name LEIB. Sam is the father of
- Mortiz LOEB, New Haven, Connecticut, wrote for a local newspaper
- Sydney LOEB had a hat and accessories company Veaumont Specialties in
New York City
- Robert F. LOEB (d. 1986)
was in the Korean War, worked at a Bank and also worked in his fathers hat business.
- Hatie LOEB also was in the hat business.
Moses LOEB. The
LOEB Canadian supermarket chain of 40 stores in Ottawa and
Ontario is named after him. Each of the stores average 25,600 square feet
(2,000 m²) in size. LOEB
was acquired by the Quebec supermarket chain Metro in 1999.
- Moses LOEB married Elizabeth MEYER.
- David LOEB
- Emanuel LOEB
- Leo LOEB
- Meyer LOEB
- Fannie LOEB
- Mathilda LOEB.
- Leopold LOEB born in Lauterecken, Germany in 1853 and emigrated to the U.S in 1871.
Leopold married Rachel SPAETH of Philadelphia after
coming to America in the mid-1800's.
- Leah LOEB m. HAMMEL
- Florence LOEB m. HAMMEL
- Hortense LOEB m. GROTTA
- Josephine LOEB m. KATZ
- Harry LOEB
- Milton S. LOEB (b. 6 Oct. 1894 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, d. 17 Feb. 1936 Reading, Pennsylvania)
m. (21 Dec. 1920 Reading, Pennsylvania)
Rena Gertrude EHRLICH (b. 22 Feb. 1902 Greenwood, British Columbia, Canada, d. 24 Sep. 1972 Harrisburg, Pennsylvanai)
- Elaine LOEB (b. 6 Jan. 1922 Reading, Pennsylvania)
m. (26 May 1940 Parkesburg) Emanuel L. SHAPIRO (b. 10 June 1918 Baltimore, Maryland,
d. 18 Mar. 1987 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania)
- Ernestine LOEB (b. 24 Oct. 1925 Reading, Pennsylvania)
ELURKEN at aol.com
first married (22 June 1944 Pottstown) Simon Ehrlich HAMMEL (b. 24 Sep. 1913 Frankfurt a/ Main).
Remarried (29 Jan. 1977 Wyomissing, Pennsylvania)
Karl URKEN (b. 22 Jan. 1913 Trenton, New Jersey).
- Moses LOEB (b: Philippsburg Gr) married (14 May 1846 Huttenheim, Germany) Mina ROSENTHAL (b: Feb 16, 1825
Liedolsheim Gr m: May 14, 1846 Huttenheim Gr);
Contact: Allan HIRSH, Baltimore, MD, Email: email@example.com
- Karl LOEB b: Mar 08, 1847 Philippsburg Gr
- Bertha LOEB
b: May 01, 1848 Philippsburg Gr d: Oct 29, 1848 Obergrombach
- Emil LOEB (b: Aug 11, 1849 Philippsburg Gr d: Sep 14, 1849 Obergrombach
- Lazarus LOEB b: Aug 29, 1850 Philippsburg Gr d: Oct 15, 1850 Obergrombach
- Emilie LOEB
b: Dec 24, 1851 Philippsburg Gr
- Rosalie LOEB
b: Jan 31, 1853 Philippsburg Gr
- Nathan LOEB b: Mar 17, 1854 Philippsburg Gr
- Joseph LOEB b: Oct 10, 1855 Philippsburg Gr
- Jeannette LOEB b: Jan 15, 1857 Philippsburg Gr d: Apr 06, 1858 Obergrombach
- Simon LOEB b: Jun 10, 1858 Philippsburg Gr d: Aug 29, 1858 Obergrombach
- Nanette LOEB b: Sep 06, 1859 Philippsburg Gr d: Nov 12, 1859 Obergrombach
- Babette LOEB
b: Nov 14, 1860 Philippsburg Gr
- Amalie LOEB
b: Feb 27, 1862 Philippsburg Gr d: Apr 23, 1867 Obergrombach
- Julius LOEB b: Feb 07, 1864 Philippsburg Gr, d: Apr 18, 1864 Obergrombach
- Abraham LOEB b: Mar 23, 1865 Philippsburg Gr
- Isak LOEB b: Dec 12, 1867 Philippsburg Gr d: May 10, 1868 Obergrombach
- Mozes LEIB born in Niederzissen in Germany around 1800.
Loeb born 7.01.1822 in Niederzissen and died 11.02.1887 in M'eifel.
Arthur L. LOEB (b. Holland), Mathematician, Harvard University,
Department of Visual and Environmental Studies. (Apparently, he has relatives in the
OPPENHEIMER family.), and
firstname.lastname@example.org from Amsterdam,
daughter of Paul Sally LOEB (b. 7 Jan. 1909 Leiden)
who was son of Ernst LOEB (b. 1878 Düren, Germany)
who was the youngest of 14
children most of them came to Holland in the beginning
of the 20th
century because of a better prospects.
Jeanette is the artist of a perochet made
Amsterdam Jewish Museum:
Joods Historisch Museum amsterdam
business man, potential Florida Senate canidate, and boyfriend
of actress Sofia VERGARA.
- Oscar LOEB formerly Osias LIEBOVITZ from Romania. Changed
name 1917. Children: David LOEB, Samuel LOEB, Elias LOEB, Joseph LOEB, Esther
LOEB, and Ida LOEB.. Lived in Philidelphia. Contact: greatgrandson Jeremy
- Patricia LOEB,
singer/actor/stage manager. LOEB name originates at Ellis Island.
- Paul Henry LOEB (cousin of Felix LOEB father of Raul LOEB, plastic surgeon in Brazil).
Paul married Julienne Levi LOEB
from Strasbourg, France.
- Bernado LOEB married Cecilia VIANNA
- João LOEB.
- Fernando LOEB
- Thiago LOEB
- Peter Albert LOEB,
Mathematician, University of Illinois,
LOEB at math.uiuc.edu (Erdos
Richard Ira LOEBL, mathematician, Ph.D. UCB 1973.
- Ronald LOEB married Clare SPARK. Ronald was a partner at the Los Angeles law firm of
Irell & Manella LLP and general counsel for Williams-Sonoma. Clare is a historian. Their
aunt, Ruth HANDLER,
created the Barbie doll and co-founded Mattel Inc.
- Daniel Seth Loeb (b. 18 Dec. 1961)
is an American hedge fund manager and founder of Third Point LLC, a New York based hedge fund managing over $8.8 billion in assets
According to Bloomberg Markets Magazine, Loeb grew up in Santa Monica Canyon in California, and attended Palisades Charter High School, commonly known as "Pali High" in the Pacific Palisades neighborhood of Los Angeles. Later, he attended University of California at Berkeley for two years before subsequently graduating from Columbia University with a degree in Economics.
Prior to founding Third Point, Loeb worked at Citicorp.
- Samuel LOEB (LOB) (reported b. around 14 Apr. 1824 Grunstadt,
d. 21 Feb. 1873, buried New Orleans). Samuel
came to the U.S.A. and married (before Nov. 1856 New Orleans, Louisiana)
- Amelie LOB (b. Nov. 6, 1856)
- Nanette LOB (b. July 1858)
- Agustina LOB (born August 11, 1860)
- Albertine LOB (born about Oct 11, 1863 probably in Europe).
reported to have been born in New Orleans but Linda GILMORE does
not find a birth certificate
for her in Louisiana and do find her on the ship Bavaria returning to New
September 25, 1863 at the age of 9 months. That makes Linda
think she was born "over
there". The ship had come from Hamburg & Southampton. She have no proof but
think the family may have gone back to either Samuel LOEB's or Fanny MARX's home
where this child was born. Albertine LOB married (February 1,
1884 in New Orleans, LA) Moise WALDHORN . They had 4 children:
Contact: Albertine's great-granddaughter
Linda GILMORE email@example.com
- Augusta WALDHORN (b. February 2, 1886)
- Elsie Caroline WALDHORN (b. June 19, 1888)
- Samuel Lob WALDHORN (b. September 28, 1890)
- Ruth Constance WALDHORN (b. October 29, 1894)
- Joseph LOB (b. about January, 1867; d. April 13, 1869).
- Sara LOEB (b. 1790, d. 1871 Rohrbach) married
Juda Halevi EULAU (b. 1765 Eulau,
Contact: great-great-grandson Heinz EULAU
or Dan EULAU son of Julius EULAU
eylondan at netvision.net.il
- Sender (Szender) Icik LOEB, lived in Venice, contact his descendant: Tom Venetianer, tom.vene at uol.com.br
- Roland LOEB married Mireille ASSOULY
- Bruno LOEB, lives in France
- Regis LOEB
- Rudolph LOEB (-1925)
- S. B. LOEB (S. probably stands for Samuel) married
Isabella ROSENTHAL (b. 1862). In 1902, they lived in Baltimore, Maryland.
Contact: Allan HIRSH firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samuel LOEB married Settchen KATZ of Mandern
- Salomon LOEB (b. 30 May 1883 Scherfede Westfalia Germany)
- Herbert LOEB, South Africa
- Saul LOEB, emigrated to the U.S. shortly after the turn of the century (the 20th
that is) from somewhere in Russia.
- Naomi Rose LOEB (1920-1981)
- Boris Abraham LOEB (1924-2001). moved to LA from NY (grew up in the Bronx) in 1954.
- Steven Scott LOEB born in 1953.
Children: Sarah Elizabeth LOEB born 1991 and Andrew Michael LOEB born 1993.
- Jeffrey Mark LOEB born in 1956. email@example.com
Children: Joshua Michael LOEB born 1988, Charles Andrew LOEB born 1991, Robert Cary LOEB
born 1994, and Joanna Beth LOEB born 2002.
- Sébastien LOEB
(b. 26 Feb. 1974), French rally driver.
winner of the World Rally Driver's Championship title in 2004 and 2005, and of
a record ten World Rallies in 2005.
- Shoshana HARDT (LOEB),
mathematician, Ph.D. Weizmann 1981
- Siegried LOEB married Wilhermina WELTER. Immigrated to
Colombia. Contact: grandson Adriana LOEB Garcia.
- Sinai LOEB
- Solomon LUBASZKA (1860?-1945) married Pauline (Pessa) GARFINKEL
They and their children changed last name to
LOEB as each of them immigrated into New York City between 1900 and 1921.
- Mitchell LUBASZKA/LOEB (1892-1968) married Frances DEAN/DEANOFSKY (1894-1976)
- Flora Victoria LOEB (1919-2000) married (6 Sep. 1941) Mervin PELTON (1918-2001). They had 3 sons and 7 grandchildren.
- Eleanor Doris LOEB (1925-1996) married (25 November 1948)
Rubin LANDY (1921-1993). Eleanor and Rubin had a daughter
and a son, and (as of 2003) 4 grandchildren.
- Jacqueline (Jackie) Vida LOEB (b. 1929) married Shelley TRUBOWITZ (b. 1922). They had 5 sons and
2 daughter, and (as of 2002) 16 grandchildren.
- Martin LUBASZKA/LOEB (1896-1962) married (9 April 1922) Pearl ADELS
See the Pearl:
A Grandmother's Stories website. Grandma Pearl wrote two notebooks of stories about her family, covering the period from 1871 through 1988. Her Grandson, Gary Loeb, has edited these into a 100 page "book".
- Ellen Judith (Judy) LOEB (1923-1989) Married (25 June 1945) Jerome WANDER (1912-1987). They had three
sons (Randall WANDER, Martin WANDER and Craig WANDER), and two grandchildren.
- David George LOEB (1929-2000), gemologist, married (24 Aug. 1952) Jane KATZIN (b. 1932)
- Gary Adels LOEB (b. 1954)
lives in West Grove, Pennsylvania, and is a power generation engineer at PSEG Nuclear in southern New Jersey. Gary married (11 May 1980) Leslie LEVINE (b. 1953). Gary and Leslie have 2 children, Adam LOEB (b. 1988) and Rachel LOEB (b. 1986). Gary and Leslie divorced in 2004, and married (13 May 2006) Denise Carol BRODSKY (b. 1954). Since neither Mitchell LOEB nor Chester LOEB had male children, Gary LOEB and his son,
Adam, are the only descendents to carry forward this LOEB name.
(Frenchy) LOEB (b. 1957)
frenchyloeb at hotmail.com,
married (17 Sep. 2006) Jim ZACK.
They are living in upstate New York.
- Marta LOEB (b. 1968) married (9 Oct. 1994) Joshua POMERANTZ
(b. 1967) and is living in New Jersey.
- Chester LUBASZKA/LOEB (1894-1970) married (1940) Millie. No children.
- Celia LUBASZKA/LOEB (b. 1895, d. about 1970) married (1929) Joseph ASH. No children.
- Solomon LOEB,
(b. 1828 Germany, d. 1885 or 1903) American banker, married Betty.
After he came (1849) to the United States, he settled in Cincinnati
and became wealthy as a dry-goods merchant. He moved (1865) to
New York City and with Abraham KUHN started the banking house of
KUHN, LOEB and Company.
After his retirement, most of his financial interests were taken over by
his son, James LOEB.
His philanthropies included large amounts to Jewish charities.
- James (Jimmy) LOEB (b. 1867 New York, d. 1933) was a US banker, philanthropist, and translator.
(Encyclopedia Judaica 22 Volume Set
XI p. 440.)
He entered KUHN, LOEB & Co. and retired from business at 34. Most of
the rest of his life he spent abroad. James donated
money to help found the Max-Planck-Institute for Psychiatry in Munich,
This institution is the successor of the former "Deutsche
Forschungsanstalt fuer Psychiatrie" founded in 1917 by the
well-known German psychiatrist Emil KRAEPELIN (1856-1926).
Also founded and endowed New York's Institute of Musical Art (1905) now part
of the Julliard School,
and Harvard University Press's
LOEB Classical Library (a series of inexpensive yet attractive books
containing on facing pages the original Greek and Latin texts and English
translations.) The music
library at Harvard is named after Eda KUHN LOEB. He helped
found part of the Julliard School of Music.
- Morris LOEB (b. 1863 Cincinatti, d. 1912) was a physical chemist at New York University and philanthropist.
(Encyclopedia Judaica 22 Volume Set
> XI p. 440.)
- Nina LOEB married married Paul M. WARBURG (architect of the Federal Reserve System).
katweber at snet.net.
Katharine is author of Objects
in Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear : A Novel
and The Music Lesson.
Objects in Mirror... features a character named Nina Van LOEB.
Her new novel Triangle (to be published June 2006 by Farrar, Straus
& Giroux) makes reference to LOEB's who provide care of survivors of
the triangle shirtwaist factory fire, which is a homage to her great-greatgrandparents
Betty and Solomon LOEB
- Solomon Isaac LOEB. Ancestors came to US c. 1840's from England and settled in South Carolina.
Married Rose LOWENSTEIN c. 1889.
- Clarence Henry LOEB (b. 1896 Florence, SC, d. 1951 New York City). Married 1929
(b. 1903 Portland ME, d. 1997 Laguna Hills CA).
- Andrew G. LOEB (b. 1944 New York), practices law in San Diego.
- Sophie Irene Simon LOEB
Russian-born American journalist and social-welfare advocate noted for her work on behalf of widowed mothers.
- Walter LOEB his wife Phyllis and children Lisa (married Ken), Karen (married Jack) and
Martha live in Rye, New York. Origins: LERNERs and GELMANs from Eastern Europe. Grandparents came to
U.S.A. in the
early 1900s. For details, contact Sherry LERNER.
- William LOEB
(1905-1982) publisher of Union Leader newspaper in
Manchester, New Hampshire. Married Nacky who took over a publisher after
- William L. LOEB married Amalia KARLABACH.
- Henry LOEB prominent citizen in Memphis,
Tennesse, married Lulu GOLDSMITH.
Henry LOEB is the great-grandfather of Vanessa
Contact: Rachel UNKEFER
rucville at yahoo.com
- Wilhelm LOEB, musketeer, 5th infantry regiment in Glatz (now Klodzko in Silesia, Poland)
married Johanna KREBS.
In 1829, Wilhelm had advanced to "gefreiter"
(meaning that you were freed from being a watch-soldier).
- Johann Hermann Heinrich LOEB (b. 10 July 1828)
- Carl Franz Johann LOEB (b. 10 Oct. 1829 Glatz, Silesia, Germany)
emigrated to Denmark and married
Marie Caroline HARTMANN (b. 1825 Hadersleben). Contact descendant: Niels ANDERSON firstname.lastname@example.org
- Margrethe Caroline LOEB (b. 13 Sep. 1855 Silkeborg, Denmark)
- Frantz Ferdinand Wilhelm LOEB (b. 1828 Poland) married
Wilhelmine Charlotte CONRADT (b. 1822 Prussia). In 1870 they lived in
- Albert Ferdinand Lothar Ewald LOEB (b. 1854 Poland)
- Max Eugen Lothar LOEB (b. 1856 Poland)
- Mathilde Meta Cecilia LOEB (b. 1859 Randers)
- William MESSNER-LOEBS,
comic book artist in Michigan.
Visit his blog
- Yankel (Iancol) LOEB from the area around
- Feni LOEB. Great grandmother of Matthew ROTTMAN
- Family trees listed at Beth Hatefutsoth (Museum of the Jewish
Diaspora). For additional information contact:
bhgnlgy at post.tau.ac.il
- Frances LOEB Library
- The LOEB Drama Center
at Harvard University. Their graduate school of design offers
and the LOEB Design Library.
- New York University's Washington Square
Campus features the LOEB Student Center
- LOEB Research Institute.
The LOEB Research Institute is the basic and clinical research facility of the
Ottawa Civic Hospital. It is a Revenue Canada approved research institute
affiliated with the University of Ottawa.
- LOEB's Restaurant, 832 15th Street, NW Washington DC,
LOEB Stone Company in Memphis. Contact: John THOMSEN Johnthomsen1@aol.com
grandson of T. M. THOMSEN company superintendent, a master mason who
immigrated from Denmark in 1912..
- LOEB & LOEB, law firm.
- Others collecting information on LOEB:
- Karen S. FRANKLIN, Director of Family
Research Programs, Leo Baeck Institute,
104 Franklin Avenue,
Yonkers, New York 10705. (Her LOEBs are from Pfaly
- Suzan FISCHER WYNNE,
3128 Brooklawn Terrace,
Chevy Chase, MD 20815. Her LOEBs came from the
village of Ungstein
near the town of Durkheim in southern Germany (in the
Pfalz) and lived there several hundred years before
emigrating to the US. She has an extensive family
tree going back to before 1800.
Contact: Gregory FINNAGAN
- William A. LOEB
1500 Locust Street,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102
- Roland GOZLAND,
161 Avenue Du General De
92170 Vanves, France
- Dr. Stanley J. ROBBOY,
Dept. Pathology Box 3712,
Duke Univ. Medical Center,
Durham, North Carolina 27710
- Harriet W. GREENBLATT,
755 Saturn Street, Apt. #F206,
Jupiter, Florida 33477
- Alfred ADLER,
239 East 79th St.,
New York, New York 10021
Return to LOEB family tree
Daniel E. LOEB,