Menahem Mendel SCHNEURSOHN, the Tsemah Tzedek,
(b. 29 Elul 5549 (20 Sep. 1789) Leozna, Poland, d. 13 Nissan 5626 (4 Mar. 1866))
Became Third leader of Chabad shortly after death of his father-in-law.
He saved thousands of children from conscription in the
He wrote many works including Tsemah Tsedek, a collection
of commentary and responsa, to which he lent his name.
Menahem Mendel SCHNEURSOHN
first married (1802 or 1803 Leozna, Poland) his cousin
 Rabbanit Chaya Mushka SHNEURI
of the Admour Haemtsahi. They had fourteen children:
-  Baruch Shalom SCHNEERSOHN (b. 1803, d. 1868 Lubavitch)
m. Zelda Rachel.
-  Mordechai SCHNEURSOHN (b. 1835)
Rabbi Levi Yitzchak SCHNEURSOHN (b. 1878 Podrovnah
d. 1944 in exile in interior of Russia). Married
(1900) Chana Yonovski whose father, Rabbi Meir Shmlomo was the
Rabbi of Nikolaiyev.
-  Rivka SCHNEURSOHN
-  Yehuda Leib SCHNEERSOHN (b. 1811, d. 1866)
- Chaim SHNEUR SCHNEERSOHN (b. 1813, d. 19 Dec. 1879)
-  Yisrael Noach (B'Zvur) SCHNEERSOHN (b. 1816) first married
 Sarah Freida BUNIM.
 Yisrael Noach (B'Zvur) SCHNEERSOHN remarried Chana Chisha
-  Yosef Yitzchak SCHNEERSOHN (b. 1809) m.
Chanah TWERSKY daughter of
Rabbi Yaakov Yisroel TWERSKY the Cherkasser Rav (who was
the son of Rabbi Mordechai TWERSKY of Chernobyl,
son of Rabbi
Menachem Nochum TWERSKY of Chernobyl (Nochum of Chernobyl), the predecessor of
many Chassidic Dynasties---Skvira, Rachmistrivka, Tolna, Hornisteipel, and
-  Yaacov SCHNEERSOHN (d. Tultzin) first married the  daughter
of  Rachael SHNEURSON and Moshe Tzvi FUNDMINSKY.
 Yaacov SCHNEERSOHN remarried the daughter of Yehuda Leib SCHNEERSOHN
Rebbe Maran Shmuel SCHNEERSOHN, the Maharsh
(b. 11 May 1834 Lubavitch, d. 26 Sep. 1882 Lubavitch), the fifth Lubavitcher Rebbe, first married
Rivkah SHNEURSON (b. 1833, d. 10 Feb. 1914) daughter of
Aharon Moshe ALEKSANDROV and Sarah SCHNEERSOHN.
 Maran Samuel SCHNEERSOHN remarried
-  Shneur Zalman Aharon SCHNEERSOHN (b. 1847, d. 5 Nov. 1908) first married  Shterna
SCHNEERSOHN. Children: Dina SHNEURSOHN (d. young)
and Sarah SHNEURSOHN married WOLFSON.
-  Rabbi Shalom Dover SCHNEERSOHN (b.
1866, d. 1920),
the fifth Rebbe of Chabad/Lubavitch married  Sterna Sarah SCHNEERSOHN
)d/ 1042_ sister of Rabbi Shneur Zalman Mordechai
SCHNEERSOHN (the Zhitomer Rav).
See article on the Wikipedia.
Rabbi Yosef Yitzchak SHNEURSOHN (b. 1880, d. 1950),
the sixth Rebbe of Chabad Lubavitch, married
Nechama Dinah SHNEURSOHN (b. 1882, d. 28 Dec. 1971 Brooklyn, New York)
Avraham B'Zvur SCHNEURSOHN and Yochevt SHEINBERG
- Chana SHNEURSOHN married
Shmari GUR-ARI son of Menachem Mendel GUR-ARI
- Shalom Dover GUR-ARI (b. 11 Feb. 1923,)
m. Mina bat Dov CHESKIND.
- Dvora GUR-ARI (questionable) married Shalom Dover BUTMAN
son of Shneur Zalman Shichi BUTMAN and Yehudit SCHNEURSOHN.
Children: Yisrael Baruch BUTMAN, Yosef Yitzchak BUTMAN,
Yehuda BUTMAN, Eliyahu Yochanan BUTMAN and
Chaya Sheina Michla BUTMAN
- Chaya Mushka SHNEURSOHN m.
Menachem Mendel Shalita SHNEURSOHN
- Sheindel SHNEURSOHN m. Menachem Mendil Hacohen HORENSHTEIN
- Avraham Sender SCHNEERSOHN
-  Dvorah Leah SCHNEERSOHN
-  Chaya Mushka SCHNEERSOHN
- Shmuel HORENSHTEIN (b. 1943, d. 1943 Treblinka, Holocaust) department
head in Warsaw Jewish community. Married Breinah GUZENTHEIT
- Uri HORENSHTEIN (b. Warsaw, d. 1943 Treblinka, Holocaust)
- Miriam HORENSHTEIN m. Moshe Teichman YUVAL (d. 1943).
Children: Michal YUVAL, Gilat YUVAL, Tamar YUVAL, Shmuel YUVAL
-  Rada Freida SCHNEERSOHN m.  Shneur SHNEURSON
-  Dvorah Leah SCHNEERSOHN m.
SCHNEERSOHN Bunim ZALMANSON
-  Sarah Freida SCHNEERSOHN m.  Menachem Nachum
- Adil SCHNEERSOHN
-  Shterna Feigah SCHNEERSOHN m. Meshulam Zusia Yitzchak OYERBACH
- Chisha Bracha SCHNEERSOHN
Menahem Mendel SCHNEURSOHN remarried
Rivka Rivale daughter of Aharon Hagadol. They had one daughter
- Dvorah SCHNEERSOHN m. Chaim CHAIKIL.
Sources of information:
- Hayom Yom has a section on the children of all the Lubavitcher Rebbes.
Any Chabad House would have a copy of this book. It is available in English also.
- In Israel there is a book called sefer Tzezoim and this book published in
Hebrew list the many thousands of descendants of the Alter Rebbe.
- Another book of interest regarding the SLONIM's is called Scattered Seeds. This book was published by George SACKHEIM from Skope, Illinois.
The name SLONIM was originally Greiver and it traces back to the 1500s where their ancestor gave his life to save the
Jewish town of Rozanes.
- Information on this page from Andrew SHARPE
- Gedcom file from Jules FELDMAN firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Families researching their genealogy can sometimes find traits and medical
that have been passed on for many years.
- The eyes
are a major part of the body that can be affected by herditary complications.
- There are several options for treatment and
that can help people affected by hereditary eye problems.
Advances in vision correction facilities like LASIK Fort Worth
have treated many patients with hereditary and other vision complications.
Daniel E. LOEB, eMail: