(1) Shmuel SPIRA (born about 1345) , married to Vergentlin TREVES, a daughter of the Rashi-descendant Mattitjahu Treves (see RASHI descendants).
Their son was R. Shlomo SPIRA.
(2) R. Shlomo SPIRA's son was R. Peretz SPIRA.
(3) Rabbi Peretz SPIRA was rabbi in Konstanz, Germany. His
son was Rabbi Nathan Nata SPIRA.
(4) Rabbi Nathan Nata SPIRA was rabbi in Posen. His son was
Rabbi Shimshon SPIRA.
(5) Rabbi Shimshon SPIRA was also rabbi in Posen. His children:
- (6a) Rabbi Nathan Nata SPIRA (died in 1577), rabbi in Grodno, author of Mevo Shearim and
Imrei Shefer, grandfather of R. Nathan Nata SPIRA (1585 - 1633, author of Megaleh
- (6b) Rabbi Yechiel Michel SPIRA (born about 1530, rabbi in Posen). Warning:
This conflicts with information from Lawrence WEINBERG
who has two sources claiming Yechiel Michel SPIRA's father was Yosef
- (7a) Rabbi Chaim SPIRA, Posen
- (7b) R. Wolf Elabes Spira (died in Prag).
- (7c) R. Man SPIRA, rabbi in Brzecz, married with rebbetzin Yorsy.
- (8) R. Wolf BELIS SPIRA (died in 1651).
Information on this page from Gregor BRAND
Gregor.Brand at t-online.de
Daniel E. LOEB, eMail: