Samuel OPPENHEIMER (b. 21 Jun 1630,
d. 03 May 1703 Wien). His first wife died 11 March 1673.
Samuel was Kaiserlicher Oberhoffactor, the most renowned and honored of the OPPENHEIM's.
A brief sketch of his life and likeness
may be found in the Encyclopedia Judaica 22 Volume Set
page 419. He was also called Samuel Heidelberg.
He remarried Sandela Sentille CARCASSONE, a daughter of Manoach
CARCASSONE, from Mannheim, widow of Moses
Abraham ASTROQUE (or ASTRUCK, or AMSTRUCK) (d. 1668)
(Carcassone is a city in the south of France.
Later the Family CARCASSONE migrated to Bohemia).
Moses and Sandela are ancestors of
For more details see
Court Jew: A Contribution to the History of
Absolutism in Europe by Selma STERN (pages 15 and following) and
The Jews of Vienna by Max GRUNWALD, Vienna, 1936 (pages 113-124).
- Daniel Moses OPPENHEIMER (b. around 1656, d. 1675 or 1677 Worms)
- Jehuda Loeb OPPENHEIMER (d. 4 Mar 1732 Pressburg) married Simelie LEFFMANN (BEHRENS?)
(d 19 Dec 1739 Pressburg), the daughter of
Jacob LEFFMANN BEHRENS COHEN (d. 1697 Leipzig) and of Suesse GOMPERZ.
Simelie LEFFMANN was the sister of Fradel LEFFMAN-Lipman.
- Samuel (Sanwil) OPPENHEIMER (d. 1748 Pressburg)
- Koppel OPPENHEIMER (d. 1784 Pressburg)
- Lasl OPPENHEIMER (d. 1792 or 1804 Pressburg)
- Sabl OPPENHEIMER (d. Dec 1827 Vienna)
- Leah OPPENHEIMER (d. 1804) married ???
sons: Simon ??? (d. 1852 Bratislavia) and Salomon ??? (d. 4 July 1832)
- Loeb OPPENHEIMER (b.~1758, d. before 1783) married
- Chajjim OPPENHEIMER (b.~1781) married the daughter of
Jacob RAAB. son: Daniel (David) Wolf OPPENHEIMER (1793-29 Apr
- Esterl OPPENHEIMER married
David be KOPPEL THEBEN. Children:
Mendel THEBEN, Jechiel THEBEN, Chajjim THEBEN,
Sanwell (Samuel) THEBEN, Traule THEBEN, Chana THEBEN
- Chaja OPPENHEIMER married Mordechai Marcus SCHLESINGER
(in question mark!!!)
- Jente Opennheimer (d. 25 Nov 1707 Vienna)
- Blumele OPPENHEIMER (d. 17 Jan 1711 Vienna)
- Edel OPPENHEIMER (d, 21 Oct 1718 Vienna)
- Lea OPPENHEIMER (1698-2 Apr 1763 Vienna) married Lema
Pressburg Ha-LEVI LEHMANN (b. 1690, d. 25 April 1763 Pressburg)
the son of Herz Naftali LEHMANN.
Lea and Lema had two sons: Lazarus LEHMANN (1715-17 Jun 1780) and
- Wolf Moses OPPENHEIMER (d. Jan 1724 Pressburg) also called ENGEL married Bella ?? (b. 1680)
- Moses Wolf OPPENHEIMER (d. 16 June 1738 Hanover)
- Wolf Engil OPPENHEIMER (1739-7 Oct 1822) son: Moses
- David Loeb OPPENHEIMER (b. May 1745)
- Simon OPPENHEIMER (1782-1802) married
...remarried Chaila ??, daughter of Mandl ??.
- Roesel OPPENHEIMER married Jacob LWOW
- Mirjam OPPENHEIMER married David THEBEN
- Chana OPPENHEIMER
- Mendel OPPENHEIMER
- Katharina Kela OPPENHEIMER married (2 Feb 1819) Moses
MANHEIM ben Simon
- Leonora OPPENHEIMER (?)
- Leonora OPPENHEIMER
- .... OPPENHEIMER married Meir EISENSTADT. To be verified.
Daughter: Pessel EISENSTADT
- Leah OPPENHEIMER (d. 1718 Worms)
married Jacob MANNHEIMER (d. 1720 Worms) son of Salomo
- Salomon MANHEIMER (d. 1723 Worms). Son: Moshe MANHEIMER
- Abraham MANHEIMER (d. 1740 Worms)
- Nathan OPPENHEIMER (d. 1730)
- Mendel Menachem Emanuel OPPENHEIMER (b. 1657, d. 13 Sep 1721 Vienna) married Judith
Juta Tamar GOMPERZ (1671-18 Apr 1738 Vienna) daughter of Salman Emerich GOMPERZ
= Moses Salomon Emmeich
- Lea Eleonora OPPENHEIMER (1695-15 Oct 1742 Vienna) married Wolf
WERTHEIMER ben Simon
- Fradel Veronika OPPENHEIMER (1698-30 Jun 1733 Vienna) married Hirz Herz
Naftali DARMSTADT Manasses ben Loeb (1687-2 Sep 1774).
They had 15 children:
- Loeb DARMSTADT (b. 1719, d. 27 May 1721 Vienna)
- Itzchak (Isak Itzig) DARMSTADT (d. in infancy 29 Aug 1725 Vienna)
- Wolf Hirz DARMSTADT (b. twin, d. in infancy 10 Feb 1727 Vienna)
- Beer DARMSTADT (b. twin, d. in infancy 26 Feb 1727 Vienna)
- Samuel DARMSTADT (b. 1723, d. around 1752) married Merle GOLDSCHMIDT.
- Isak Samuel DARMSTADT (1743-1832) married Hane Fuld. Son: I. Moses DARMSTADT
- Loeb Samuel DARMSTADT (1751-1824) married Les Fuld. Son: I. Seligman DARMSTADT
- Moses Samuel DARMSTADT (1752-1827)
- Salomon DARMSTADT (b. 1729)
- Sprinz DARMSTADT (1729-30 Nov 1730 Vienna)
- Rebekka Chaja Lea DARMSTADT (1731-6 Jun 1749 Vienna)
- Roesl DARMSTADT (b. 1737)
- Juta Miriam DARMSTADT (b. 1738, d. 16 Sep 1739 Vienna)
- Sara DARMSTADT (d. in infancy 26 September 1739)
- Mirjam DARMSTADT married Moses LOEW
- Perez DARMSTADT (1744-2 Feb 1745 Vienna)
- Jacob Menachem DARMSTADT (d. 7 Dec 1745 Vienna)
- Frumet DARMSTADT (1747-28 Dec 1749 Vienna)
- Edel Helene OPPENHEIMER (d 21 Jun 1767 Pressburg) married Natan
OPPENHEIMER ben Isak
- Wolf Simon (Heidelberg) OPPENHEIMER (1700-9 Aug 1730 Vienna) married
Rebekka Schifra REINGANUN (d. 31 Mar 1737)
- Mendel Emanuel OPPENHEIMER (1719-12 Feb 1725 Vienna)
- Mayer Meir OPPENHEIMER (1721-19 Feb 1760 Nikelsburg)
- Mayses Moses OPPENHEIMER (b. 1725) married Telzche (Jelzelche) ha-COHEN (d. 23 Dec 1773
daughter of Phoebus ??. They had a son: Mendelche COHEN.
OPPENHEIMER (d. 29 Mar 1817 F.F.M.)
- Salomon OPPENHEIMER (b. 1728 or 1729)
- Elias OPPENHEIMER (d. 1746?) married Sorle DRACH?,
or else Eva COHEN (d. 1783) the daughter of Beer
BEREND COHEN from Hamburg.
- Samuel Emanuel OPPENHEIMER (1707-4 Feb 1747 Vienna) married Chaja Sara
ARNSTEINER (1712-2 Jan 1780 Vienna) daughter of Ahron Isak
- Rabbi Emanuel Mendel OPPENHEIMER (b. 1726 died before 1780)
children: Juta (1761-30 May 1763), Samuel Emanuel (1779-28 Oct
- Nathan OPPENHEIMER (1728-27 Nov 1730 Vienna)
- Veronika OPPENHEIMER (1732-13 Nov 1813 Vienna) married
Alexander Sendor Oestereicher (d. 2 Apr 1770). Children: Markus Oestereicher
(1764-5 Dec 1772), Samuel Oestereicher (d. 1836), Isak Oestereicher.
Veronika remarried Lebl Joske.
- Adam Anschel OPPENHEIMER (1733-9 May 1790 Leopoldstadt), KK Purveyer and Artillery Enterpreneur
- Hendl OPPENHEIMER (1736-11 Mar 1738 Vienna)
- Abraham OPPENHEIMER (1740-27 Oct 1753 Vienna)
- Josef OPPENHEIMER (1742-23 Mar 1792 Leopoldstadt)
- Judith OPPENHEIMER (b. 1744)
married her cousin Jacob OPPENHEIMER ben Abraham
- Isak OPPENHEIMER (1746-21 Apr 1817) married (1793) Minna
Wilhemine OPPENHEIMER (b. 1776) the daughter of Emanuel OPPENHEIMER.
- Josef OPPENHEIMER (3 May 1801-8 Jun 1860)
- Charlotte OPPENHEIMER married (18 Jun 1826) Albert STRAUSS (d. 2
Feb 1875 Leopoldstadt)
- Betty OPPENHEIMER married (1832)
- Beer Emanuel OPPENHEIMER (1709-21 Jun 1753) married Mirjam? GOMPERZ daughter of
- Abraham OPPENHEIMER (b. 1716)
- (2nd son) Simon Wolf OPPENHEIMER (b. Vienna, d. 10 Nov 1726 Hanover) moved to Hanover
and erected a banking house there. married Fradel BERHRENS LEFFMAN-LIPMAN (d. 2
May 1717) grand-daughter of
LEFFMAN BEHRENS COHEN in Hannover, and sister of
Simon remarried Ella ANSBACH. According to Joseph Mor from Israel, Simon remarried
Rivka Sifra Reinganum (d. 1737)
- Jacob OPPENHEIMER (d. 6 Jul 1760 Hanover)
banker in Hanover married ???. Jacob
relative Edel OPPENHEIMER (d. 14 April 1783) the daughter of Isak in Vienna, the step-son of
Samson WERTHEIMER, who was the nephew and partner of Samuel OPPENHEIM.
- Wolf Jacob OPPENHEIM, banker in Hanover, died April 12, 1797
(Meyer Amschel ROTHSCHILD served several years in his banking house from 1765 on).
First wife: Mirel BEHRENS (d. 26 Nov. 1771).
Second wife: Remarried (after 1771) Gutrad (Jachet) HERTZ or HERZ
(b. 26 Sep. 1811 Hamburg, d. 28 September 1811).
She came from a very distinguished family.
- Hertz Wolf (Fritz) OPPENHEIM (b. 1788 Hanover, d. 7 June 1853 Charleston)
immigrated to Charleston South Carolina.
He was an American Citizen from 1829. [other documents show that he
was made a citizen on Dec. 19, 1828].
He married Catherine MOSES
(b. 21 October 1802, Charleston, SC, d. 25 December 1890 Augusta, GA)
(daughter of Rebecca and Joseph MOSES of Charleston.
- other children and descendants to be entered
- Sorchen OPPENHEIMER (d. 27 April 1773)
m. Moses DETMOLD.
- son OPPENHEIMER married FRANKEL
- Sara Wolf OPPENHEIMER m. Elias Levy GUMPERZ
- son GUMPERZ married OPPENHEIMER. Son: Moses Levin GUMPERZ
- Belia Elias GUMPERZ married Izak Barend SALOMONS (Cohen KAMPEN)
son of Beer Leizer SALOMONS and Gitle David JOSEPH
- Vrouwtje GUMPERZ married Samuel SALOMON.
- Lea OPPENHEIMER (d. 26 Apr 1705) married
Mendel Emanuel DRACH (Trach) (d. 15 Oct
- Edel DRACH (b. 1700, d. 24 Oct 1744 Vienna) married Mordechai Markus Marx
ha-LEVI LEHMANN (1688-10 May 1788) Children: Jakob Jehuda (1721-5 Sep
1741 Vienna), Fogel (d. 25.Oct 1732 Vienna), Bella (d. 7 Feb 1733 Vienna),
Sara (1730-4 Dec 1735), Hainl (1742-13 May 1746), Schendel (1744-9 May
1769 Vienna), Moerl Mirl (1744- 17 Dec 1781 Vienna).
- (Perhaps this entry is for the same person as the preceeding entry and they should be combined.)
Edel or Hanna DRACH (d. 1718) was the second wife of
Simon Michael PRESSBURG (d. 1719) formerly
married to Hanna Menzels.
See Lawrence D. WEINBERG firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sanwel DRACH married his cousin (the daughter of his father's sister)
Rosa POLLAK (26 Mar 1769 Vienna)
- KOPPEL Elias DRACH (b. 1735, d. 6 Dec 1786 Vienna) married Michele ... from
Warning: KOPPEL may not be correctly placed in the tree.
He is either the son of Mendel Emanuel DRACH second wife Juetche Gans or a grand son of
Mendel from a son named Elias which I can not tell is the right answer.. KOPPEL was born after Lea's death.
- Elias DRACH married Mariana Menzels (1763-11 May 1808)
- Rosina Rebekka DRACH married (1799) Wolf HERZFELD
- Jeanette DRACH (1789-27 Nov 1826) married (1810) Moses
Sidwers (b. 1768).
Children: Maria Judith (b. 1812),
Wilhelmina Sofia (b. 1814), Eduard (b. 1817), Louise Giza
(b. 1818), Jacob (b. 1821), Jsaias Josef (b. 1822), Henriette
- .... DRACH married Elia Ofenbach
- Frumet OPPENHEIMER (d. 1713 Frankfurt) married
Josef GUGGENHEIM (b. ca. 1660 Lengnau, d. 1735 Frankfurt).
- Mirjam Sara GUGGENHEIM (1694-15 Dec 1739 Vienna) married Loeb Jehuda
Efraim ha-LEVI Sinzheim (d. 4 Jun 1744 Vienna).
- Abraham GUGGENHEIM
- (Simon) Wolf GUGGENHEIM (b. ca. 1685, d. 1738 Obernai, Alsace, France) married Treitel WEILL
from Obernai, Alsace, France.
- Abraham OPPENHEIMER (d. 1753)
- Schoendele OPPENHEIMER m. Lob DEUTZ "zur Arche" (d. 1711?)
- Jocheved DEUTZ (d. 1716) married Schoene Aron RIES (d. 27 or 29 Mar. 1751 Berlin).
- Sara DEUTZ (b. 1677) married Salomon GUMPERZ (b. Cleves, d. 6 Dec. 1751 Berlin)
son of Loeb GUMPERZ (d. 1673 Hamelin, d. 1700).
There are some more children listed under Samuel OPPENHEIMER according to Joseph
and they might be Sandela Sentille CARCASSONE's children from her first marriage.
- daughter married Jacob MANHEIMER
- Veronika Frumet married Herz Leib MANASSES (d. 1748)
- Helen Fridel married Natan OPPENHEIMER
Information on this page thanks to Susan WOOD.
Daniel E. LOEB,