Most of the information on this page comes from
the web site
of Franz FRANKHAUSER.
Rabbi Naftali Ha-COHEN
(b. Frankfort, d. 1644 or 1649) was the son of
Rabbi Isaac I COHEN
and of Vaigerl,
the daughter of Rabbi Jehuda Loeb the
Rabbi Naftoli wsa Rabbi in Lublin and in Pinsk and then in
Mahren. He was Av Bais Din in
Lublin. Married Dinah KATZENELLENBOGEN.
Rabbi Naftoli had four children:
After Naftoli's death Dinah remarried Rav Yehoshua Heschel -
who was the rebbe of the Sha"ch and the Ta"z - was Rosh Yeshiva in Lublin
- Rabbi Chaim HaCOHEN
- Rabbi Naphtali Ha-COHEN
- Feige HaCOHEN (d. 1737) m. Rabbi Faibel BUMSLA
- Judith Ha-COHEN.
- Perl Ha-COHEN
- Rabbi Isaac II Ha-COHEN
- Hinde BACHRACH (d. 1614 Prague) married LIEBERMAN.
Rabbi Isaac II Ha-COHEN, Rabbi in Stopin and in Prague and
of Lublin and the Galil.
Mandel MARGALIOT daughter of Rabbi
Mendel MARGULIS the Av Bais Din of the holy congregation of Pzemuslov, son of
Yitzchok had sons who were famous Geonim.
- The great Gaon Rabbi Naftoli II KATZ Ha-COHEN (b. 1649 Ostrovo, d. 1719). Kidnapped
by the Tartars and escaped. Married the Esther Shaindel daughter of the Rabbi
Shmuel Shmenle Rabbi of his town, son of Meir Zak of Lvov. At
age he age 29 he became Rav in Posen and went on to become Av Bais Din of Posen, the author of Semichus Chachomim.
1704 he went to Frankfurt Am Mein and stayed there until 1711. Then he
went to Prague and then to Breslau. Then Posen wanted to have him back then he
went to Palestine but died on the way in Constantinople in 1719.
Reknowned as a "lion" (expert) in both the revealed
and hidden studies in Pozna, Meintz and later in Tiberias in the Holy Land.
- Shprintze KATZ m. Yaakov of Posen (d. 1730) son of Yitzchok of
- daughter married Ephraim FISHEL of Ludmir, the
"Head of the Council of the Four Lands"
- Yaakov of Ludmir (d. 1730) m. the daugher of
Saul KATZENELLENBOGEN of Pinczow, great-grandson of Saul WAHL.
- Shlomo Zalman LIEBERMANN of Brody (d. 1740)
m. daughter of Simcha HaCohen RAPPAPORT of Grodno.
Ancestor of Pinchas LEW
- Rabbi Jacob Mordechai COHEN (b. Pozna, d. 1736) lived in Hungary.
Head of the Rabbinical Court.
He married Edel ASHKENAZI daughter of
Rabbi Meshullam Salzberg ASHKENAZI and the daughter of Shmuel
SHMELKE.son of Rabbi Meir son of Rabbi Abraham SAK. Contact: David DUBIN for more information:
- Yehuda Leib COHEN.
Head of rabbinical court in Schverkrentz (sp?)
- Rabbi Yehoshua Heschel COHEN.
Head of rabbinical court in Feizer.
- Rabbi Shaltiel Eizik COHEN, head of rabbinical court in Feizer.
Married his cousin the daughter of Yehuda Leib.
- Chajim COHEN marrried Edel ??
married Rabbi Jacob EMDEN (b. 1696/1697, d. 1776).
- Rabbi Yeshaya KATZ the
Kohen, the Av Bais Din of the holy congregation of Pzemuslov
- Rabbi Menachem KATZ
- The great Mekubal (expert in Kaballah) Rabbi Moshe KATZ the
Av Bais Din of Pzemuslov
- Rabbi Bezalel KATZ, Av Bais Din of the holy
congregation of Yasi
- The honored Gvir (wealthy man), Rabbi Nisan KATZ the Kohen.
A wonderous story is told about Rabbi Nisan concerning his miraculous escape
from 2 rabid dogs on his way to the holy and pure Rabbi Baal Shem Tov from the
city Mezbez that is well known to the entire family.
- Esther married the great leader Rabbi Zev Wolf.
- Rabbi Yehudah LEIB, the Av Bais Din of the holy congregation of Platzk which is in the country
of Preisin. Descendants including the FALK family to be entered.
Contact: Stephen FALK
- Ester HaCOHEN
- Palke HaCOHEN m. Rabbi Itzhal.
Daniel E. LOEB, eMail: